AutoRX during engine break-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the discussion on this forum regarding AutoRX concerns cleaning up dirty engines with high mileage. However, I think I've got another use for AutoRX that it should be perfectly suited for...
grin.gif

Why shouldn't AutoRX be used during engine break-in? During the break-in period, the engine sheds small metal shavings/particles from initial wear. Additionally, there are small amounts of sealers and foundry casting sand left in some engine parts. If AutoRX was added to a brand new engine, wouldn't the AutoRX help collect and transport all of the initial debris to the filter where it could be trapped and removed from the oil? And wouldn't this ultimately contribute to less initial wear and increased engine lifetime?

I didn't see this concept discussed before, so I thought maybe somebody could confirm or disprove the hypothesis.
rolleyes.gif

Oh, and by the way Frank, many thanks for the special military pricing!
patriot.gif

On my 2001 truck, I changed the factory oil at 300 miles and added Auto-Rx at 1200 miles. I changed the oil again at 1500 miles. Now I just add a maint dose. My theory was the same as yours, why let the engine get a build-up. Start from new and try to remove any left-over factory debris.

My daughter just bought a 2003 Mazda a couple months ago. She drove it from the Dealer to my house and I put in the Auto-Rx. On this one we are now just adding a maint dose.

Hi 59 Vetteman,

I recently bought a '04 Sienna. Do you recommend adding the auto-rx now or should I wait until before the scheduled oil change to do so? Currently I'm breaking in the vehicle because we're taking a trip to Vegas in a couple of weeks. Perhaps it's a good idea to add the auto-rx now and then have the oil changed to eliminate any debris in the engine prior to our trip. What do you guys think? Thanks.
smile.gif

Kiko,
I would add the full 12 oz. now. Then at the oil change prior to your trip, just add a maint dose. 2-3 oz. depending on sump size. This is what I am doing on my daughter's Mazda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back