Auto-Rx Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips for using Auto-Rx in a PSD? A buddy has a '96 with about 160k. He's been using Delo400 with 4k ODI, and NAPA/WIX filters, and says that his oil stays surprisingly clean for an oil burner.

I'm thinking of telling him about using either Auto-Rx or Neutra...will they do about the same job? 30 or 34 oz. of Auto-Rx twice gets pricey, and the Neutra costs a lot less.

Ken

I used 2 full bottles on the first clean. Run it for 750 miles on a PSD or any diesel. Then with the third bottle I use it for maint doses. I use 6 ounces each oil change. The Auto-Rx has a good price on a 3 bottle deal. I've got 3 oil analysis in the diesel section.

The only thing I did was warm the engine up to operating temp and added one full bottle, drove for 5 miles and added the second bottle. Then I drove it for 25 miles on the freeway. I probably could have added both at the same time. I think the secret on any vehicle is to drive it at operating temps for a good run when first added.

I was on the Auto-Rx web site checking some information on application and the web site has been updated since my last visit. A couple of changes I noticed are:

U.S. Patent Number 6,544,349

MSDS Update- Fatty Acids-Lanolin Esters
RE: TSCA#68440-09-5 (EPA Govt. Document)

So the main working compound in Auto-Rx that had been alluded to is in fact as has been stated, Fatty Acids-Lanolin Esters. Safe effective cleaners.

I have used this product in 7 vehicles now with great results. Two Ford PSD's, 2000 Mazda, 1982 Caddy, daughter's 2003 Mazda, and 2 GM's with 350 cu. in. engines.

[ April 09, 2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Terry

Member # 9

posted April 17, 2003 03:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys and Gals the oxidation DIFFERENCE you see between oil and oil with Auto-RX added is the cleaning process not the oil oxidizing. Oil does oxidize but will at a lot slower rate if there isn't any dirt or carbon to start the process.

On the edmunds board 2 smart alecs have derided my testing based on their ignorance of this attribute ( and oil analysis in general judging from their statements)in internal combustion engines and Auto-RX usage.

Inert Auto-RX will NOT! NOT! degrade the host oil in any way. Its cleaning dirt and carbon not the oil. That does help the oil do its job, lubricate !

Inhibited Solvent based adds like LC will neutralize oxidation but if used at too high a treat rate can degrade the oil.

Auto-RX won't at all, at any treat we have seen.

B12 is rough stuff with almost 0 lubricity and I won't use it in a crankcase of an engine I like.

Its pretty tough in the gasoline, I prefer the FP for that as it is oily.

Hope that sheds some light as I'm traveling alot and not able to get to a internet connection at all times.

Terry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 812 | From: Greenville , Texas | Registered: May 2002 | IP: Logged |

All times are EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back