MPG increase-Auto RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked my mileage now that I have about 800 miles into my treatment. I'm now getting over 36 mpg in town with my Corolla! It's rated at only 30 in town and 35 highway. This was after a complete tune up with new everything, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, pcv, all new filters etc. Most of them didn't need changing however it's a new car and I like fixing things that ain't broke
twak.gif
The car already had fresh plugs, but the place didn't adjust the gap when they were installed, so it was at .015 on all of them. So, I think auto-rx had something to do with my increadible gas milege.

Mine was probably all from the tune-up, there was so much carbon tracks etc on the ignition rotor and the terminals on the inside of the cap. I didn't think I'd be getting 6 mpg more than the car is rated for however.

I have definitely noticed increased power and better fuel efficiency after the second treatment. I'm also using a heavier oil now too....a 40wt. I think a second treatment is effective for cars with over 80k miles or so.

if i may add my experiance, my gas milage has increased as well. i used to get 270 miles to the tank. well now i get 315 miles to the tank easy, even if i have the pedal to the metal. power has increased as well in my opinion so i dont have to push the car that hard. i have a 17 gallon tank in my 91 accord...i cant do the mpg math =).

yet it took a little while for me to notice the change in mpg..maybe 2 gas tank fills.

using 10w-30 mobil drive clean and purolator oil filter.

It would seem to me that either 17 or 18+ mpg in a '91 Accord is pretty lousy gas mileage. Nothing wrong with an improvement, but I would think the average condition '91 Accord would be getting 25 or so...
confused.gif

Your tank's capacity may be 17 gallons but how much gas are you putting in when you "fill" it?

This comment is, of course, predicated on an assumed decent state of tune, normal compression, etc.

humm i fill up with i think 14 or 15 gallons but my other book says that my fuel capacity is 20 gallons. here is a link on the SAE test for my car

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/7794.shtml

my car is tuned well, everything is working properly. always do tune ups as well.

so what u think? lol the only thing i havent changed is the fuel filter. but its pretty clean saying all the additives are in it...but i kno that is why my gas is a little low

I seriously doubt your fuel filter is causing you to have slightly crappy mileage. It's probably winterized gas, if they sell it in your area.

well i run cosco gas..so its a little cheap. at chevron its 2.15 but costco is 1.98 per gallon. but yea i had have baddd gas..sometimes i get 170 a tank, but that was 2 times in winter.

I have looked at the entire Auto-Rx web site, there are no claims to increased gas mileage.
However that is not say that it can't occur. If a motor is suffering from carbonized deposits in the ring packs, cleansing could create better compression. Cleaning could also correct a sticky valve train. Auto-rx has shown to have a very low friction coefficient, when compared to host oil alone. So as an outsider, I would say that auto-rx can help fuel economy. But there are numerous other factors to consider in determining your actual mileage. Tune ups, tire pressure, atmosheric conditions also can be large contributors, just to mention a few. A clean motor is always a good place to start.

This accurately represents Auto-Rx posistion on
potential of better gas mileage.

Member Rick20
Member # 196
posted April 09, 2003 10:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have looked at the entire Auto-Rx web site, there are no claims to increased gas mileage.
However that is not say that it can't occur. If a motor is suffering from carbonized deposits in the ring packs, cleansing could create better compression. Cleaning could also correct a sticky valve train. Auto-rx has shown to have a very low friction coefficient, when compared to host oil alone. So as an outsider, I would say that auto-rx can help fuel economy. But there are numerous other factors to consider in determining your actual mileage. Tune ups, tire pressure, atmosheric conditions also can be large contributors, just to mention a few. A clean motor is always a good place to start.

"so if i have a 17 gallon tank?"

Then you won't be able to put 20 gallons into it...

I think you basically need to review your "gozinto's":

as in "14 gallons gozinto 315 miles 22.5 times"

rolleyes.gif

Digital Drifter It's hard to tell on the internet who people are and why they do things, but your posts seem to add confusion where none existed before. Think that this has been said in earlier post, "Last thing this fine board needs is yet another Auto-RX "expert"". Your post above in which you now discover your mpg is not as great as your first post looks like inaccurate information overload.

honestly, i did not add confusion frank. yes i remember that stuff. to add i didnt start this forum, i was just responding to it. i tried not to confuse people but i was confused myself, i watned clairfacation on the product and in no way i watned to confuse people. any way this is off topic in this forum...whatever else is said i am sorrie for causing confusion, and I MADE A MISTAKE. whats in the past is the past.

as for this forum i was only responding to a persons experiance..this is one reason why i barley respond in this forum any more.

respecfully frank, ur a nice guy by actually helping us all on this site so dont take this post as an attack.

i know this should be a PM but i believe that others should know about me.

Whether you can articulate or type a cogent sentence or not, you will never be able to quantify a fuel economy increase using Auto-RX as the only variable.

Auto-RX, because of its capability to CLEAN may allow the engine to run cooler, burn more efficiently through better ring seal. After all if the engine seals, and components are able to work as designed the fuel economy should increase if all else remains the same.

It doesn't take alot of carbon deposit to reduce the "seal" in the new hot running,tight tolerance engines of late. About 10,000 miles on an engine and a teardown will show deposits forming at the contact points.

If you want immediate gas mileage increases I can mix your engine metals with a little Chlorinated Parrafins and boost that HP and MPG right up...... for a while until I acidify the internals and begin trading microscopic metals for FM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back