AutoRx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Just looking for some advice. I have a relatively new rebuilt engine(new, rebuilt..huh) with a tad over 7000 miles on it. I'm currently using Redline 5W-30, but I'm wondering if I should use any of the AutoRx that I have?

I'm not thinking I'll need to use it, but if someone can chime in as to how I might benefit, I'd appreciate it.

Thankyou,
Scotto
patriot.gif

Best of luck with your rebuilt. What was rebuilt? Top, valve train, and heads? Or bottom as well?
Auto-Rx can have benefits in a motor this young, 7000 miles. If the top of the motor was rebuilt only, then there could be sizeable accumulation of carbonized deposits within the piston rings. It would be a shame to have a brandy new top and a dirty bottom. Also, if it was a complete rebuild, alot of times there may be hot spots during the break in period. If so there could be some oxidized oil deposits formed which is undesireable. An auto-rx flush would certainly remedy that situation. Why not clease the motor at the 7000 mile mark. At least you know that the motor is clean and almost completely broken in. It can't hurt anything.

Rick,

Thanks. The entire engine was rebuilt, but upon your advice I'll be using one of my bottles of AutoRx.

Thanks for you reply,

Scott

Scotto, Auto-Rx has a great capability at not only cleaning but dispersing safely, dirt and wear particles that you've generated during run-in.

In a completely new rebuilt those would be the reasons to use the product. It is also an effective prep for a high quality lube like Redline, allowing Redline to lubricate and not be stressed cleaning.

I would use 2 oz per qt capacity.

Let oil analysis be your guide for use later on.

Redline is one of the best at maintaining cleanliness and low deposits but is not the same ester chemistry as RX for deep cleaning.

Terry et al,

Thanks for the in depth explanations.

I'll definitely be using one of the bottles coming up in the next few weeks.

Scotto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back