AutoRX--Is Dino or Synthetic Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read previous posts where advice is presented to use dino with AutoRx if there is a leak problem and it is otherwise ok to use synthetic oil (but run it to 750 miles vs 500 miles).
I have a '99 Maxima with 60,000 miles that has been run on M1 5w-30 its whole life. Switched to Amsoil 5w-30 and the oil became dark very quick. With M1, the oil never really became dark even when changed at 5K intervals. I'm thinking the Amsoil is doing some cleaning the M1 didn't. So, I want to run AutoRx to perform a thorough cleaning. What is the BEST kind of oil(dino ro synthetic) to use do this? Should I drain the Amsoil, add dino and run the AutoRx for 500 miles or just change the filter, put the AutoRx into the Amsoil and continue to run for 750 miles before changing?
I'm not concerned with cost in this instance nor do I have any leaks. But, I do not really understand this information that synthetic has some additives that "compete" with the esters in AutoRx for space on the metal. Would it not be better to use dino in all situations if indeed there is some sort of chemistry competition going on?
Also, nothwithstanding oil leak issues which I don't have, does it make ANY difference in whether you use dino or synthetic as the follow-up oil after draining the first run of AutoRx? Is one better for the seals than another even if they don't leak to begin with?

Digital Drifter, just who are you? I have watched your systematic misrepresentation of Auto-Rx for some time in your many posts. My brother, who buys Auto-Rx in bulk for our cars called Frank to find out if you were some how connected with Auto-Rx, you are not! I don't know what your agenda is regarding Auto-Rx. We sell cars treated with Auto-Rx and your posts are purposely edited and posted to mislead people and that includes OUR customers.

To Nick,

If your new Amzoil fill is already pretty dirty, you have two options. You can add the Auto-Rx 500-750 miles before changing out. However if the oil is really filthy you may want to run a dyno batch and run with Auto-Rx for the last 500 miles. At that point run any oil you choose. As far as a dyno oil to run with Auto-Rx choose which ever you like. Auto-Rx will work beautifully with any.

Auto-Rx is compatible with all dyno oils and synthetics, be it a triester, diester, group III.
Auto-Rx cleans faster with dyno oils due to it being the only ester in the mix. Auto-Rx and dyno oil is the choice when trying to stop or retard a seal leak. Reason being, once auto-rx has cleaned the seal under and around, running dyno helps the seal stiffen slightly around the rotating shaft.

Go to the auto-rx web site and read the FAQ section. All of this information is spelled out.

digitaldrifter:
It's hard to tell on the internet who people are and why they do things, but your posts seem to add confusion where none existed before. The last thing this fine board needs is yet another Auto-RX "expert". We have Frank and several of his associates who provide accurate information in order to clarify issues. Your post above in which you assemble prior threads will surely provide information overload for someone just wanting a simple answer.

LarryD
EmissionMasters

[ April 01, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

This one is for the digitaldrifter, I have read most of your posts and am not sure why you are on the fence about the Auto-Rx product. In one post you think it's wonderful and then in the next you are slamming it. I have used this product for along time in both of my cars, I have used it to stop a seal leak and to just clean the engine that had over 142 thousand miles on it. This product does just what is stated on the website. It is well worth the $24.95 and that is cheap considering what it would have cost me to have the seal replace. I believe when it come to an automobile you can not pinch pennies. I never use synthetic oils and never will, I change my oil every 3,000 miles like clock work, I belive that makes a big differnce, I guess I am from the old school, "show the car some respect and you should get more than it is worth in retur." You need to drive that one car more and stop complaining about the product. Or just make you your mind. By the way just what are you trying to say with all the hehe's and haha's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back