Auto-Rx & bypass filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard how Auto-Rx encapsulates particles in micelles...but I haven't found a good definition of micelles (well, I did find: "A colloidal aggregate of amphipathic (surfactant) molecules, which occurs at a well-defined concentration known as the critical micelle concentration. The typical number of aggregated molecules in a micelle (aggregation number) is 50 to 100." but I need a translation).

So...Does a bypass oil filter remove any of the beneficial parts of Auto-Rx or just the dirt particles it's carrying?

Ken

Ken2,

I ran the first treatment of Auto-Rx on my 95 with a bypass filter. When I changed the oil and filters I did not find any unusual build-up on the filters. Just alot of soot etc on the bypass and the full-flow. In fact both looked the same, blackish build-up.

Sorry I can't give you any better explanation, but to me, now it is not a concern using Auto-Rx with a bypass. Everything worked as designed.

Auto-Rx Formulation has a high degree of "Wax Crystals" by design.They liquify in normal operating temperatures of engines.In fact you can take crystals between your thumb and forfinger and roll them, they liquify under this friction and heat, also wax crystals can't scratch any type of metal (to soft in original form-melt upon any temp in oil ) )ByPass filter will not remove any significant amount of wax crystals, that would diminish Auto-Rx performance.Hopes this helps.
Good Question

yea i had that, it was normal. lol i was scared when i saw it. but i asked frank and it did degrade, it was a very light crystal. i dont see it any more, well when the engine is hot that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back