Lube Control dosages

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

What is the correct maintenance dosages to use of this product in engines and transmissions? Between the paperwork that came with the product and the information I gathered by doing a search of this forum, I have seen 1oz every 1,000 miles to 6oz every 1,000 for use in engines and 1/2oz to 2oz added to tranny fluid. Can Terry, Molakule, or anyone else verify what is the correct dosage for this product in the above applications? Thanks.

Wayne

For engines:
As a quick cleaning flush, in a 4 to 5 qt. oil system, add about 16 oz LC to oil, run at idle until well warmed up(well, as warm as things will get at an unloaded idle), let idle a few minutes longer, then drain & change oil & filter. I bet Molakule could give you more details on this usage. At ~10% LC, the oil probably gets a heckuva shock. OK for unloaded fast idle, but I'd worry about any real driving at this doseage.

As a cleaning boost/maint dose, again for ~5 qt system, add ~6 oz LC at fill, then add 1 oz every 1000 miles or so. I'm following this regimen right now in my car, w/BobZoil 10w30, though I did wait until ~1200 miles before that 1st 1 oz dose. LC seems to "cook out" of the oil, briefly raising the oil level, but returning to original level within a few hundred- 1K miles.
For other uses, I'll keep quiet & let those more knowledgeable comment.
grin.gif

Stuart,

Good info.

Just wanted to add that LC doesn't seem to shock the oil. There are two ingredients that, once after carbon softening, those ingredients volatize and leave the other ingredients to suspend the softened carbon and sludge until oil change.

For transmissions, 1 0z. per 10,000 miles should be sufficient.

Stuart & Molakule,
Thanks for the information. I'll try the lube control in my wife's car and in my truck's transmission.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back