Fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much dose brand matter?

I ended up with a Duralast from Autozone and was wondering if I should take it back for a better one.

Also what brand do you use?

Last edited:
I doubt a Duralast fuel filter will give you problems unless it is blatantly defective.

I have run Purolator before, and I think the one on my truck now is a Napa Gold that probably has 40-50K miles on it. Never had any fuel system issues ever, and I have run a lot of E85 through this truck which can be [censored] on fuel systems not meant for it.

A couple of years ago, Ford has a side-by-side picture comparison of their fuel filter against a competitor. Of course, the Motorcraft was much better than the other brand that they cut up. I don't recall that they mentioned the brand. It could have been a cheap Chinese filter. Enough to make a difference? It probably depends on the environment that the filter lived in. I will also say that I took a factory fuel filter off a '95 Ford last year only because the owner had never changed it and it has rusted through and leaked. FWIW, I have several vehicles that don't have a factory fuel filter and they run fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back