Auto-RX Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a V-6 '99 Camry which I suspected is sludgy before I found this Meca of too much info
wink.gif
.It has always had Castrol GTX @3k or less.Lots of short trip city driving.The worst part is the remote start idle for twenty minutes before the woman drives off.
I have had Auto-Rx in for 700 miles.Should I go a little longer?I got to do two long hundred or so mile trips to heat it up.
Should I use Castrol or should I use Mobil Drive Clean on the next change?
I have the previous filter to cut open to see.
I have the chance to get the car tomorrow or it will go to 1k untill I get another chance.
Any advice would be welcome.This one goes to my daughter next so I take good care of the car.
Thanks
Rich
PS The word is speading of this great site.
Tundrasolutions and The TurboDiesel Register have posted links.

Rich R
Think your trying to get sludge out of engine if i read your post right. If this is first application of Auto-Rx get 1000 miles or so then change oil. If sludge you should use inexpensive "Dino" Oil as more oil changes to come.

Frank: Yet another Auto rx question...

Presupposing a relatively clean, well-maintained engine to begin with, what is the actual or expected amount of encapsulated material the NEW oil filter (on the initial application) will have to deal with?

From previous posts it is clear that a really dirty or sludged engine may have much more 3rd party matter broken free during the initial stages, and that changing the filter during this initial cleaning period (of 500, 750 or 1K) may be wise. And I have that situation on one of my applications and intend here to use a couple filters to make sure. Filters are really pretty cheap
rolleyes.gif
compared to engines.

What I'm really concentrating on in this question is the basically clean engine that probably won't require a second application: is it advisable (BETTER?) to replace this filter, say 375 to 500 miles into the initial cleaning application just to be safe & sure, or is this just me being obsessively compulsive (again?)
shocked.gif

I promise this will be my last application question (until I start cutting filters apart)!

Thanks again, Frank!

If engine has over 100,000 miles you need to do two applications of Auto-Rx. If engine has sludge problem, you have to do, at a minimum, two applications of Auto-Rx. The reason for this is that it's impossible to liquify all the third party abrashives; dirt, carbon, that a 101,000 mile car or a sludge engine has collected on the oil lubricated rotating parts. We reframed the application instructions found on www.auto-rx.com, scroll down home page and click on applications, they are much clearer and concise (I did not do them and that is why they are so much better). Good hearing from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back