Diesel Fuel Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presently use Stanadyne products. I recently starting using a couple of Schaeffer's products and quite like them.

I would like some input on what people think is the best Schaeffer's diesel fuel additive for a 01 TDI. The Diesel Treat 2000 looks good but the Soy Shield also is quite intrigueing.

What's best?

Thanks
HL

a quart of atf per full up works wonders according to the folks on vw diesel part forum.

i tend to believe them, as most of them guys hand build their td engines by themselves.

[ March 15, 2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

ATF will never see the inside of my fuel tank. It is not ashless and will leave a residue when it burns.

More specifically I am happy with Stanadyne but have decided to give Schaeffer's a try. It will most likely be the Diesel Treat 2000 but just looking for opinions.

HL

Howard,

I personally like the DT2000 but many seem to like the soy also. Either one is good.

Crypto, just because a mechanic can build an engine, doesn't come close to qualifying him/her as knowledgeable about lubrication and the effects of incorrect oils/additives. Most mechanics have only limited knowledge of oil from personal experiences, many of which are mis conscrewed as lubrication problems when in fact are not.

Some injector/fuel additives can cause corroded springs in the injectors, plug injectors with carbon buildup due to the ash content say like what is in the atf that is used, or some even dry out the seals, causing leaky injectors.Because the problem doesn't become evident imediatly, most problems listed above, will be considered bad injectors by mechanics and will fail to see how that additive did any damage.

Howard

I started using Soy Shield two tanks ago. My car seems to like it...smooth, no smoke and mileage is up slightly (to 55 ave) but I only have 4000 miles so one would expect the mileage to still be on the way up.

I think there is a winter formula that might be best for Canada, at least during your 9 months of winter!

I understand the Soy Shield is about 50% methyl ester of soybean oil and 50% various additives. I am happy with the results so far in my limited use.

Tim I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back