Time requirement for Auto-RX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my oil and filter and put Auto-RX in. I wound up puting on 271 miles in one day because I had to go to a couple of other cities.

My question is: Is there a time period required for Auto-RX? The way I am currently putting on miles I will probably put 750 miles on in a week or two. Is this a long enough period of time?

What you're doing is actually better. Auto-rx cleans best when the engine is hot, so the more time you spend with the engine hot, the better it cleans. The ideal situation would be doing as much highway long trip driving as possible during the treatment, which is what you are doing, so keep it up!

I agree with Patman. Highway miles are better than short trips wereby maximum engine heat is not obtained. Secondly, Auto-Rx works better with maximum oil flow and pressure. Sustained highway speeds work best.

Also, unless the motor is severly dirty or sludged, you may run up to 1000 miles on the first application. Just be sure that the filter capacity has not been exhausted.

Yea, what others said. Just change your filter only at 500 miles into the application, then to oil and filter change at 1000 miles and she should be squeeky clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back