Favorite Wash + Wax Liquid Car Soap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I really like Turtle Wax Zip Wax. It foams well and cleans and shines well. Also the car beads well after just a wash with it (being as its part wax) I have used that stuff for years, aside from my Eagle1 carwash in a bottle. (which is also great, for what it is)

I've used a lot, and I mean A LOT of different car washes and I always go back to the Turtle Wax Zip Wax. Nothing else seems to lather quite as well, is quite as slick, or leaves as nice of a shine. Too bad I can't say the same for any of their other products.

Does Turtle Wax Zip Wax affect the coat of wax alread on the paint? Does it preserve it?

It says that it does but I feel like it has a hint of shine to it but no real protection. I also believe it wont strip an already waxed vehicle but I cant imagine it would boost the protection. Good, cheap maintenance wash.

I always use the Turtlewax stuff just b/c you can get it so cheap and in a big jug but sometimes feel like it's too gentle.

I have tried a number of different kinds, but lately I have been using Mequiars Ultimate Wash & Wax.

Has anyone tried Turtle Wax ICE Car Wash? BJ's has a gallon of this stuff on sale for $7.99 and I was thinking about giving it a try.

2745_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
None. I tried Surf City shampoo with carnauba but you have to use alot of it and its kind of pricey.

For me I like Duragloss #902 shampoo which has great lubricity and sheeting action when rinsing. Which makes water spotting almost impossible even with the hard water I have here.

Then follow up with some Duragloss Aquawax which is actually a spray sealant. So easy to spray and wipe. Gives a little more protection than the wash and wax shampoos imo.

I've used Duraglass shampoo #902 for years, and loved it, but recently ran out. Wanting to save a few miles of driving, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a jug of Surf City Garage wash/wax. Hated it! When used at the prescribed dilution ratio, it left a film on my windows. Plus I didn't notice any wax benefit at all.

I drove the extra 5 miles to my local Carquest distribution warehouse (which also has an attached retail store) and got another gallon of the Duragloss shampoo. I also still have about a half gallon of Aqua Wax left. Used together, they are simply excellent products!! The shampoo has great sudsing action, cleans well, and has ample lubricity. After I wash the car, I use a leaf blower to semi-dry the car. I then follow that up with Aqua Wax and a final dry/buff. I have no desire to ever stray from this combo.

Last edited:
I typically use CG hosefree ecowash (similar to ONR) or Meguiars Supersoap in their detailer line when washing vehicles. Neither are a "wash/wax" but I feel that wash/wax soaps typically are OK at both, good at neither....

I will wash and dry using a spray wax if that is all I will be doing (i.e. no clay/polish) This method has produced the best results for me.

Originally Posted By: bamorris2
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
None. I tried Surf City shampoo with carnauba but you have to use alot of it and its kind of pricey.

For me I like Duragloss #902 shampoo which has great lubricity and sheeting action when rinsing. Which makes water spotting almost impossible even with the hard water I have here.

Then follow up with some Duragloss Aquawax which is actually a spray sealant. So easy to spray and wipe. Gives a little more protection than the wash and wax shampoos imo.

I've used Duraglass shampoo #902 for years, and loved it, but recently ran out. Wanting to save a few miles of driving, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a jug of Surf City Garage wash/wax. Hated it! When used at the prescribed dilution ratio, it left a film on my windows. Plus I didn't notice any wax benefit at all.

I drove the extra 5 miles to my local Carquest distribution warehouse (which also has an attached retail store) and got another gallon of the Duragloss shampoo. I also still have about a half gallon of Aqua Wax left. Used together, they are simply excellent products!! The shampoo has great sudsing action, cleans well, and has ample lubricity. After I wash the car, I use a leaf blower to semi-dry the car. I then follow that up with Aqua Wax and a final dry/buff. I have no desire to ever stray from this combo.

I don't think it's as good as Duragloss,but the Surf City Barrier Reef Wash and Wax works great for me with no film issues. It actually seems to help enhance beading as well. It certainly doesn't harm beading. Their Pacific Blue wash is even better. It leaves a nice carnauba glow too. To be honest,I almost always use a glass cleaner after washing so that probably would take care of the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back