Premium Shell VS Chevron (additives)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mainly comparing their additives for cleaning, like Chevron has Techron and Shell has nitrogen ?? Which one is better. I have both gas side be side! Money is not a subject. Thx

Well we know that the Techron has been out for quite some time now and Shell's nitrogen additive is kinda new so who knows.

It's something that is really hard to measure for your average Joe. I haven't seen any REAL scientific comparisons being made between gas stations.

I say it's all personal preference. Both stations are Top Tier, i believe, so both should have tons of additives in the fuel

Ask the truck driver delivering the gas he knows because it come out of the same pipe!

Last edited:
I doubt there is any real difference in good brands.
Maybe cheap joe blow gas (if it even exists) but otherwise I doubt its much different. My car never seems to care where I fill up, mileage, performance, etc.

Techron has been the word standard since BMW & Chevron concocted it. I also think Shell is a a great research company. I like SrDrivers idea to use several tanks of each. In fact, years ago, Volvo and other comanies recomended that based on their reasearch it was better to trade off different gasolines. The reason was that some fuel cleaners worked better on some deposites than others and visa versa. Ed

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Ask the truck driver delivering the gas he knows because it come out of the same pipe!

Yuuuuup!

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Techron has been the word standard since BMW & Chevron concocted it. I also think Shell is a a great research company. I like SrDrivers idea to use several tanks of each. In fact, years ago, Volvo and other comanies recomended that based on their reasearch it was better to trade off different gasolines. The reason was that some fuel cleaners worked better on some deposites than others and visa versa. Ed

This is a great suggestion. Because additives can become deposits over time, the only detergent that have proven not to leave its own residue behind is techron (PEA).
But I do think it's wise to trade off occasionally anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back