Running synthetic right now--- question about Auto- RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post on this board. I have 75,500 miles on my jeep right now. I switched to synthetic oil 4500 miles ago. And am ready to go in for an oil change. will it be bad to go back to dino oil after switching to synthetic for the first time at 71,000 miles?

I have a Jeep grand cherokee 1997 5.2 V8. Over the past two years, many of my trips have been short, like drive a mile or 2 and park for several hours. Also, when you change the filter, do you have to drain out all the engine oil, or can you just change the filter. It's not some huge deal, i just dont do my own oil changes. Im not an idiot, im putting my own intake manifold on my engine right now, which means taking everything short of heads and cam off, and i also need to put on a new water pump and motor mounts.

Thank you for any help, i just heard about this product and website.

I haven't had any problem switching from synthetic to dino oil.

No problem to change just the filter...you'll get some oil drips, but probably just need to make up about a quart, plus or minus.

To answer your other questions, Auto-Rx is said to work faster in dino oil, as well as conditioning the engine seals with the dino oil. If you use it with synthetic oil, double the treatment miles and you might also loose the seal conditioning effect.

Auto-Rx has worked well for many of us...of course, the improvement depends on how cruddy the engine was to start.

Try the Schaeffer's Neutra 131 for cleaning your fuel system, injectors, and combustion chamber...800-737-1747. It also works in your crankcase. The price is right.
http://www.schaefferoil.com/data/131.html

Here's the oil I use
http://www.schaefferoil.com/data/703.htm
although any of the better 10W-30 oils will work well for you with a short drain interval due to your short drives...Chevron, Castrol, Pennzoil, Mobil. For longer drain intervals, maybe 5K(?) Mobil 1 10W-30 would be good, but the economics aren't there.

Ken

Ptown,
welcome.gif
Glad you made it over here. Hopefully you'll stick around here in the future as you'll learn the truth about oils and lubrication. By the way, I'm 94gclimited from jeepsunlimited. I use this screename on here because I found this site on camaroz28.com through Patman (he's a regular here) who posts on there on occassion. Plus I use this sn for other forums I go in (except the jeep forum).

Jason

Hey 94gclimited. I’ve seen your user name on that forum. I’m Mobetsy there (my old dead cat of 17 years “Molly” and my old dead cat of 2 years “betsy”, hence Mobetsy. Good to see you here. I’ve got a 96 ZJ with the 4.0 that I’m currently running with Delvac 1300 and a 12 oz dose of AutoRX. Within the first 250 miles of treatment, my chronically leaking rear main seems to have re-sealed. I’ve been running Amsoil ATM 10W-30 for the last 50K miles. Will probably switch to Schaeffers 15W-40 Series 7000 once finished with the ARX treament. Next on my list of to-dos is to have the crappy tranny rebuilt, what a POS. I’ve already replaced the water pump, power steering pump, exhaust manifold, rear main transmission seal, catalytic converter….what’s next! It’s a Jeep thing I guess. 119 k miles and running. Later.

Darren

Hey Mobetsy, good to see another Jeeper on here. I thought I was the only one from jeepsunlimited much less the only Jeeper until Ptown came here recently. I have 129k miles on mine, and it seems to be doing well. You may or may not have heard me ranting on the jeep board about my sludge problems that I finally have under control, but it was bad enough the oil pan had to be scraped with a wire brush for a drill much less the pump replaced. Other than that, it seems to be in good shape. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hopefully I will have better luck with mine. I just finished the first auto-rx treatment, and am on the middle stage right now before the 2nd bottle. later

Jason

Mebanditws6. Which motor are you running? The Chrysler 5.2 is notorious for sludge in their Magnum rendition. I hear it's due to a lousy PVC system design. The I-6 tractor motor isn't known to have this problem.

Auto-Rx needs more time when cleaning engine with synthetic oil. This is because of the complex additive packages used in synthetic oil. What happens is these additive packages and Auto-Rx fight for space on the metal and the extra 250 miles (500 for "Dino" and 750 for "Synthetic")
allows Auto-Rx to do it's job.

"Dino" Oil is always the oil of choice if your using Auto-Rx to stop seal leaks as the "petro chemistry" of "Dino Oil" goes to work the first mile after an Auto-Rx cleansing to refurbish the seal (if not ripped or torn )

It is much more economical to use 'Dino" Oil in cleansing mode with Auto-Rx then after go back to Synthetic.Theere is no problem.

Understanding exactly what Auto-Rx does for your engine, gets at times confusing. Every engine has
third party abrasives lodged in hard to get to oil passages, some older cars, have dirt and carbon all in the engine, and some are unlucky enough to have "Sludge" even if they are fairly new cars. Auto-Rx is a non hazardous-safe chemistry that has nothing to do with oil or oil properties.IT IS NOT AN OIL ADDITIVE. Auto-Rx has only one function which is to clean & prep your metal lubricated rotating parts to get maximum lubrication to "ALL the Metal", no matter where it is hidden; abrasives, dirt, carbon or sludge in your engine.

Synthetic Esters are not able to "clean " deep enough to be effective. Auto-Rx is "ALL' natural and actually liquifys every piece of "Crud' it comes in contact with then holds it in suspension and drive it to the filter. If you use "Dino" or "Synthetic" after prepping metal with Auto-Rx your going to get maximum performance from that oil. Solvents, ATF Fluid don't do this they seem inexpensive,in the long run they are going to very costly and they never work and surely are not safe for you, your car or our environment.

Darrenc,

Yes I do have the 5.2. I also bought a new PCV valve recently that I still have to put in. I'm hoping this might be a cause for some of my oil consumption besides a possible intake manifold gasket.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back