Slick 50 for Manual Transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm familar with the reasons _not_ to use Slick 50 in motor oil, but does anyone have any experience with the Manual Transmission version? That seems to make a bit more sense to me, although I wonder if it would do a number on the synchros. I tried the search function, and didn't find anything, so any information would be appreciated.

Personaly I would stay away from additives. Just use a good quailty gear oil like Redline. It's the oil way to go. This way if you get a good quality oil you don't need additives that will possibly destroy your tranny.

What about Slick50 motor oil in a manual tranny that calls for motor oil? Has anybody tried this? I'd think if you can convert over to syn lube in your tranny, then this might be usable? My only concern would be, what does it do under EP conditions?
dunno.gif

Slick 50 is garbage, IMO. DuPont will not endorse its use in cars but legally can't say it doesn't work. I'd believe DuPont over Slick 50.

What does Teflon do under EP conditions???

It shears like crazy.

The only advantage to using PTFE's in gear boxes is that it reduces gear noise because of it's sound absorbing properties.

It is also a descent a Grease thickener. As a lubricant, forget it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back