oil for autorx treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am about to do an auto rx treatment to my 91 honda accord. i use regular mobil drive clean 10w-30 but am now wondering if i should use something else just for the autorx. i was concidering wal-mart supertech 10w30 but i seen good and bad from that on this site. the longest im leaving the oil in there is 900 miles but i am going on a trip and going to be doing some high revvs....

hehe im just trying to save a little cash, if nothing i should just stick wiht mobil drive clean? unless u know a good oil that is cheaper...

btw im going to use a supertech oil filter, hopefully walmart still carries it for my car.

Honestly, for that short of an interval, anything will do, even Billy Joe Jim Bob Sally's Super Fresh Super Duper Motor Oil.
smile.gif
Just pick the cheapest SL oil you can find.

I just started an Auto-RX treatment on my 98 chevy truck. I used 10W-30 Mobil drive clean oil and an AC-Delco filter. The mobil will be fine unless you just don't want to spend the money on it and then the supertech oil and filter will be fine.

yea i was concidering mobil drive clean since thats my regular oil now. i guess im leanning towards the oils abilitiy to be a detergent. im not sure about supertechs detergent but i know mobil drive clean is ok and will in a way aid auto rx. how much did u buy ur mobil drive clean?? i need to find a case...after im done i will use about 14 quarts of oil due to auto rx

i just dont want ne bad thigns to happen wiht my engine, i run a little high revvs from time to time (hhe mroe like always) and i am wondering if a cheap oil will actually aid my engine when i do this...

doesnt supertech contain molly? 12 qt for 10 bucks at walmart but they dont have my filter!! err its 2 weeks and they dont have it. i want supertech haha...is moly bad for me?

well i got supertech...heheh i did a treatment today...it was 88cents each. so im happy...but downgraded to a fram oil filter...

i put castrol in my other car with a fram filter, hope that turns out good

I just started off my first Auto-rx engine treatment with Meijer 10W-30 oil (made by Citgo), $7.08 for 12quarts after rebate
grin.gif

I found API SA 10W-30 at a 99 cent store here in Jersey.
smile.gif

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.

It's made from a place in Old Tappan, NJ.
API SA, SC
SAE 10W-30 and 10W-40.

I just bought five quarts of the 10W-30 Mobil drive clean when I did my treatment as I only have 48,800 miles on my truck and don't have to do a second treatment. I will probably go back to Mobil 1 after the treatment.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back