Auto-RX Diesel Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to drive my Golf diesel until its worth about $200. Eventually it will be used to go to work and back only. I want my first child to drive the car. And I don't have a kid yet (engaged).

Is there any benefit to using Auto-RX in a diesel? And if so when should you start using it?

I read some previous posts and I'm not certain it would be beneficial from a cleaning standpoint, but it would reduce wear. My Golf has only seen Mobil Delvac.

Any opinions?

Jason

[ March 10, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: DABEAR95 ]

I started using Auto-Rx in my 01 PSD when I had 500 miles on it. I cleaned the engine and then ran a normal oil change. The results are in the diesel OA forum. Now I use a maintenance dose every change. If you don't see any changes in the engine operation (SOP) that is normal also as the engine is cleaned. But I do have the before and after oil analysis. That is where you will find the difference, clean running and as efficient as the engine design will permit.

I did a clean on my 95 PSD last year and now just use a maint dose. I went from using synthetic to dino oil. I have the analysis on the syn and then the dino after the clean. I still use dino as the numbers are great. don't get me wrong, I do like syn oil, but my engine preforms well on semi-syn, so why change. I also had a small leak at the front of the oil pan that is now gone. On this engine to pull the oil pan, the engine must be removed from the vehicle.

Since I have started using Auto-Rx, I will never wait again until my engine is dirty. I want it clean all the time and I am able to achieve that with my use. And this is with 2 vehicles with 15QT capacities.

"Squeeze Every Dollar From Your Oil" article in this month's "Practicing Oil Analysis" tells you why it's smart to prep your engine to get maximum benefits from any oil you use. A clean engine ( gas or diesel ) is an efficient engine. Auto-Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back