is anyone had bad results with auto-rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am personally a believer in atf as an engine flush, but sence this upcomming flush isnt on my engine, its awalys better to be safe than sorry right?
so im wonderin if theres any horror storys out there from people who have used auto-rx, and is it definitly auto-rx's fault or was it a coincidence or unrelated?
i know alot of people have good results with it, but wheres the ones it didnt help them or hurt?
or is there no bad results?

i bet there is 1 bad result from hundreds...some people just had poor engines and it may just not work at all. i was a person like you who thought auto rx would be bad. after about 5 months of research and a good deal from frank i bought some. i dont like to use products that have risk involved in my cars...but im using it right now with confidence...its a natural cleaner, so it cant hurt anything.

iono about that atf stuff...im kinda scared to have that in my engine..but thats my opinion...

i did atf in my car, because its mine.
i wouldnt dare do it in someone elses. this is why i inquire about auto-rx.

oh yeh i guess i should say the engine in question is a 1.8L mazda miata. it uses no oil between 4K changes on dyno oil. its just got some of that sludgy stuff in the head which i saw when i did a valve adjustment at 60K

[ March 10, 2003, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: cryptokid ]

i can understand that. i wouldnt blame auto-rx for not working on somthing in which already has mechanical failure.

I think that AutoRX is much more effective when used with petroleum oil than with synthetic oil, so I would make it a point to run it with a petroleum oil in there. I ran some mixed with Amsoil and it didn't seem to do very much.

The next time around I'll probably add it to 4 quarts of a 15w-40 petroleum diesel oil and run that combination for 1000 miles. The added detergency/dispersancy of the diesel oil will aid in suspending and dispersing anything that the AutoRX loosens up.

AutoRX works as advertised and cleans much more thoroughly than a 15 minute flushing agent.

TooSlick

The only time someone won't notice a difference with this product would be if their engine was totally clean to begin with. But if it's dirty, and you do before and after oil analysis, you'll definitely see results!

And Terry has shown us that 3oz added to each oil change also reduces engine wear.

Simply put, this product works! It's worth every penny of it's price.

THe chemistry of Auto-Rx was granted a patent
because it is NON HAZARDOUS to engines,machinery
people and the enviorment,and it proved itself in every test application submitted. while driving it cleans oil lubricated rotating parts completely. Auto-Rx DOES NOT REQUIRE A
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET, since it uses NO CHEMICALS, we designed a M.S.D.S. for our web sites, so it would help inform our customers.
Every car emits hydrocarbons through there exhaust system, most of these emissions are very hazardous to us, Auto-Rx reduces bad hydrocarbons
as well as prep your engine metal for the maximum attainable benefit from your oil. Auto-Rx has never caused a problem in any application from
gas or diesel engines to gear boxes on a $ 18 Mill. Web Offset Press, because there is nothing in Auto-Rx to create any problem, including to the
people who work with it.

ok so do you have a dealer link or somthing to get commission coz if im gonna buy it i might as well get ya some extra $$ on the side.

quote:

THe chemistry of Auto-Rx was granted a patent because it is NON HAZARDOUS to engines,machinery people and the enviorment,and it proved itself in every test application submitted.

You don't have to prove that the product works to recieve a patent. You simply have to prove that it is a unique product.

I'm considering trying this Auto-RX stuff, since so many have said good things about it, but this sounds like a "snake oil" sales comment, IMO. I'll bet Slick 50 is patented too.
rolleyes.gif

I think if you study the patent application process you will find that the applicant does have to prove that the product is effective. The fact that Frank had to submit tests suggests this also.

[ March 10, 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: TooManyWheels ]

For patents, you have to show what makes the device or formulation work, and in the case of oil formulations, additives, and supplements, it should be supported by test data, to show that it uniquely functions separate and apart from anything else already patented. I.E, not only does it have to be unique, it has to "potentially" function as described by your claims disclosed in the patent. You should be able to show that by your own initiative and unique research, this intellectual property was created by you.

In answer to the original question, I have not heard any valid claim of Auto-Rx NOT functioning as described.

[ March 10, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

quote:

not only does it have to be unique, it has to "potentially" function as described by your claims disclosed in the patent.

True. However, you do not have to actually PROVE that it works. At least I know this is true for Mechanical devices... I have no experience with chemicals.

I have my name on a Patent for a former employer, and we did not submit test results or real data. Just a "legal-ese" description of how the thing was supposed to function.

Don't get me wrong... I am not "slamming" Auto-RX. I just hate it when people talk about a Patent as if it is a clear indication that the product performs as claimed. There are all kinds of Patented products that do not meet expectations.

[ March 10, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: novadude ]

"Don't get me wrong... I am not "slamming" Auto-RX. I just hate it when people talk about a Patent as if it is a clear indication that the product performs as claimed. There are all kinds of Patented products that do not meet expectations."

I see your point and that is true. For example, the person who patented the PTFE oil additive never did prove through his patent that the PTFE would bond to metal; and if it did bond, that it would not shear with every motion of ring and piston. In other words, he never proved it would bond or not shear, just described a scenario for its application.

Take the Syntec wording on Castrol oil bottles: "...patented additive technology..." Well so what!?!? most additive technology is patented by the additive vendors.

Patenting simply says you can sue some one if they use the exact same technology and or process without paying you for its use.

Auto-RX is a multi-ester-based cleaning technology and it works. The patent was sought for intellectual property protection rights.

[ March 10, 2003, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back