Russian snake oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from SAE (Society of Automotive Engineer) World Congress which took place in Detroit, MI on March 3-7. At the exhibition there, I found a Russian vender, VMPAUTO who presented their metal-plating oil additives. I spoke to one of representives and found out that the main key formulas are copper, tin, and silver. The particle size is less than micron so it won't clog the oil filter. They currently employ eight PhDs from St. Petersburg School of Tribology. The company owns 24 Russian patens for its products.
I grabbed fews their products. I think I will send one to the lab for VOA. Until then, I won't put this stuff into my engine.
Check out their web site, www.vmpauto.com

The Russians developed may interesting lube products during the space race and later as they didn't have Teflon. They are only now coming out of the woodwork. A U.S product we are playing with here appears it may have initially been developed in Russia. Another called Forsan looks interesting too forming a metal-ceramic protective layer in friction areas. I get involved in a lot of Russian stuff as I have a Russian spouse born in Sydney Oz, from Russian parents from Harbin in China who never went to Russia (don't ask me to explain that one!).

Copper, tin, and silver. Sounds very similar to "Restore" which has copper, lead, and silver in it.

The Red Horse is very reminicent of the old Mobil flying Pegasus.

Restore having copper, lead, and tin eh?
That may explain why my amsoil oil analyses , 10w30 with 13k miles, and 5w30 with 16k miles were good in everything but lead and copper (crazy numbers like 60 and 90!). The second 16k interval is lower though so it seems like it is not actual wear, and the restore that I added to the dino oil right before i switched to amsoil. I am currently running mobil 1. By the way, what do you reccomend more... LC or neutra? and for fuel, FP or neutra? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back