RX in Miata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't ususally indulge in testimonials, but this one's for Frank. I've a '91 Miata with nearly 150000 miles down the road. Late in it's lifetime, I started to see about a quart of oil disappear every 2500 to 3000 miles, not much by some standards, but much more than typically used during the first 100K miles. Generally ok maintenance, although it was my wife's daily driver for a long time, and had lot's of oil changes at the local Valvoline shop. That was before I discovered this site and all was revealed. Now has regular changes of Chevron. I've finally cleaned all the moving boxes out of the garage and have a bit more time to do my own routine stuff, so can be pickier about details.

Anyway, I've completed the initial Auto RX treatment and the post treatment 1500 miles on new oil. Zero I mean nada, not one measureable drop of oil lose. Well, maybe 4 oz or so. And, since this car is now MY daily driver (Wife now has a 2001 SE) it definitely gets the "drive it like you stole it" workout. Also, the combination of cleaning and better quality oil has cleared an intermitantly sticky HLA.

I just started the second dose of Auto RX, but really can't expect any more perfomance improvement, although I'm sure some buried crud may disappear.

Another observable benefit was passing CA's rather stringent emmissions test with room to spare.

So, based on one more sample, the magic goo really does work, provided your problems arise from carbon and other accumulated crud and not worn, torn or bent parts.

I'll have another sample after my well flogged Probe GT finishes it's dose of RX in couple of months.

Thanks, Frank

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back