Mopar electrical connector identification

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really difficult question and will probably go unanswered, but if anyone can help I'll be really grateful.

The question is, who makes the type of connectors pictured below, and what is the product line called?

05013948aa.jpg

05013949aa.jpg

I'm sorry to be blunt, but that's not helpful at all. I have put in hours searching for these, and I'm several steps beyond checking DigiKey.

I have exhaustively searched all the electronics parts retailers and all of the available catalogs of all the manufacturers I can think of. Lear Electrical Power Management Systems is one who doesn't have a catalog online, and these things may well be from them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stu_Rock
This is a really difficult question and will probably go unanswered, but if anyone can help I'll be really grateful.

The question is, who makes the type of connectors pictured below, and what is the product line called?

Go to Summit Racing and look up electrical connectors.

05013948aa.jpg

05013949aa.jpg

Last edited:
Also unhelpful. For one, Summit would not have the information I'm looking for. Second, I know the pigtail part number, and I know that Summit doesn't carry it.

Serious, helpful answers only, please.

I am offering a $5 PayPal reward to anyone who can give the manufacturer and product line name of those connectors.

Clues: the Mopar pigtail is numbered 05013949AA and it was commonly used on EVAP purge solenoids and license plate lamps. The terminals are round pins with a diameter of about 0.045 in and a spacing of 0.156 in. They are held in the connector housing with a wedge lock.

Does this help? My first thought was a Molex connector. Good luck

The two below are from the list here starting from the 8th one down. Don't know the year or make you have, but I would start with your year and model:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1309946

Found this at rockauto:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=50402

Above one came from here:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1309946,pgname,Electrical-Connector

Main site:
http://www.molex.com/molex/products/group?key=sealed_connectors&channel=products

I clicked on one of the connectors:

http://www.molex.com/molex/products/fami...aled_connectors

Last edited:
pffft I was gonna throw out big supplier name that has many product lines that match OEM's to check, but with an attitude like that good luck getting any more responses.

Oilboy123, those are good guesses, but aren't it. Your first one is a Delphi "Metri-Pack 150.2 pull-to-seat" connector. Molex crossed my mind too. I have combed through the T section of Molex's catalog, and I didn't find the connectors I am looking for.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
pffft I was gonna throw out big supplier name that has many product lines that match OEM's to check, but with an attitude like that good luck getting any more responses.
No worries, dude. I probably checked there already.

I really appreciate people's desire to help out, but I'm simply trying to emphasize that this is a question that isn't going to be answered by checking the usual sources. It's probably going to require identification by someone who already knows what it's called.

Do you have an application and maybe some background? Maybe that will help us help you.

I assume you are not looking to directly replace that Mopar number, otherwise you would have already found one on flea bay...

Last edited:
Yup, I'm trying to figure out how to get unassembled connectors of the unshrouded type shown above (as opposed to pigtails like you'd get at the dealer).

For example, Oilboy123 gave a link for a 2-way Delphi Metri-Pack 150.2 pigtail. If I wanted one of those, instead of going to a dealer and ordering a PT169 (at a cost of an arm and a leg), I would find a Delphi retailer and order a 12162193 connector housing and two 12124075 terminals (for just a couple bucks).

Here's a list of all the applications that Chrysler has used this connector on (note to Mopar guys--bookmark this link):
http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/platform_sele...hstrhidden=DoIt
I am sure it has been used by other companies as well, but I locked on to Mopar because I happen to have two of these connectors in my van (and no, the new connector is not going into my van).

I don't suppose there's any logos on the connector?

A while back in one of the GM Tech Link issues, they had a list of logos and what company they belonged to, so the techs know what drawer to get the terminals out of.

I believe the one that looks like a triangle is LEAR.

Actually, you might be able to go to a GM dealer with the terminal kit and match the terminal up to one in the kit, and see what manufacturer it's from. GM's terminal kit has terminal from quite a few different manufacturers now, they use a lot more than just Delphi connectors these days.

That's a good question, and I should have mentioned it. There are absolutely no logos anywhere on the connector housings.

The male connector parts housing and TPA say "85572," the female housing says "A006 76614," and the wire seals say "63925."

I booted my computer into Windows and got Lear's stupid terminal catalog working in IE. I found some terminals that look similar, but the dimensions don't match. That might have been the wrong track.

BTW, I checked the TechLink archives for the connector logo diagram. It was the January 2005 issue. Good memory, Brian!

Well, I visited the local Chrysler and GM dealerships and came up with nothing. No one knows any more about this connector than I do. And the GM terminal repair kit does not have a match, so no leads are there.

I did purchase a completed pigtail in hopes of finding manufacturer identification. There's still nothing stamped on them other than the numbers I already know. At least I have a new housing on hand.

My non-Mopar application is a fairly high-current heater, so I should use fatter wires than the Mopar pigtail uses. Therefore, I'm still hunting for the terminals.

I took a look at patents, and I found that the holder of the patent for this terminal design was Cardell Corporation, which was purchased by Molex in 1999 (link to patent). The housing and terminals aren't in Molex's current catalog, though. It might be a "restricted" part, so unless I get another lead, I'm going to contact them tomorrow.

Got it! The connector housing is from Sebro Plastics and the terminals can be purchased from Power & Signal Group. I still don't know who makes them. The Mopar numbers are 4661958 for the unshrouded housing and 4625195 for the terminals.

I did call Molex this morning and didn't come up with anything. The tech support guy mentioned that it was quite possible that Molex makes the terminals, but that all the specifications would be in a proprietary section of the company that he doesn't have access to. Even though we couldn't figure out the answer, the Molex tech support guy was really good, and he gave a really favorable impression of the company.

The way I got the info was by looking up the supplier code that was printed on my new pigtail and contacting that company directly. They are a small outfit in Michigan and they gave me all the info I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back