Lawn-boy oil verses Stihl oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have what some will consider a silly question. Sitting on my shelf is 80 cans of Lawn-boy generation 2 ashless 2 cycle oil.It is about 9 years old. I have mostly newer string trimmers, blowers etc that I'm running Stihl Ultra in. Can I run the Lawn-Boy oil in them? Or mix it with the Ultra?

I can tell you that if the Stihl is a 4Mix and it were mine, I would stick to a synthetic if I were to try something other than Stihl Ultra. From experience, my 4Mix came to me used and abused w/ generic 2 cycle. It was very dirty. I do not know either way if the lawn boy 2 is dino or synthetic but if you use it, check on it periodically. Carbon buildup around the valves is the problem in some cases using regular dino.

The Lawnboy is a dino, and not a bad oil but it will be dirty and probably wouldn't use it in your stihl. I plan to only use stihl ultra or maybe amsoil saber in my stihl trimmer.

I have been running the lawnboy oil in my mower, but always have to end up cleaning out carbon/gunk, going to start using the stihl ultra or saber in it as well so I wont have to clean out the gunk from the exhaust again. (and to make it last as long as possible)

I would sell some or all of it. It's in the 8oz metal cans. Hows $1.50 per can sound? Buy it all for $1 per can. I would think the shipping could be expensive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back