which is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
which fuel injection cleaner/conditioner is better for my 4cyl accord (91)?? amsoil PI, or Lucas

i need to know so i can do it tomrrow..thanks...i did a search but it was too broad

Of the two you mentioned I would use the Amsoil PI. I have nothing against the Lucas, but the Amsoil will give you noticeable results, if needed.

i hope it will both clean up carbon and clean my injectors....u guys stated OF THE TWO i mentioned...u have another in mind that would work better?

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
i hope it will both clean up carbon and clean my injectors....u guys stated OF THE TWO i mentioned...u have another in mind that would work better?

Schaeffer's Neutra would also work well too.

i just got some amsoil PI and haha i got to say 6 oz per 10 gallons wow...i have 15 gallons so i put 8 oz of that stuff....havent felt a differnce yet...but it probably is working

quote:

i just got some amsoil PI and haha i got to say 6 oz per 10 gallons wow...i have 15 gallons so i put 8 oz of that stuff....havent felt a differnce yet...but it probably is working

Amsoil's PI made a huge difference in a somewhat neglected BMW I recently purchased. I also tried it in a 1967 vintage snowblower that hasn't run for many years. Prior to running it, you could pull the sparkplug and look through the hole and could only see black crud. After a few snow storms you can make out the individual valves and things look much cleaner. I use it in every tank now in the BMW.

quote:

do i have to do it once, or do i have to continually do it every gas tank??

Initially for the main clean up dose you add a full bottle, but then to maintain the cleanliness, and provide upper cylinder lubrication, you add one oz for every 10 gallons or so.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Initially for the main clean up dose you add a full bottle, but then to maintain the cleanliness, and provide upper cylinder lubrication, you add one oz for every 10 gallons or so.

Patman, that may not be true. Amsoil markets a "quick shot" which is for the initial treatment at 6 ounces for every 10 gal. The company also has a 16 oz. bottle (and larger) available. If that is purchased, you need to add the correct amount for the initial treatment at .6 oz per gal. After that, a periodic maintenance treat rate would be .1 oz. per gal. The company claims the best results are obtained after 1000-1500 miles.

Just didn't want anyone to dump 16 oz. of the stuff into a 10 gal. gas tank
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by mdv:

quote:

quote:

Patman, that may not be true. Amsoil markets a "quick shot" which is for the initial treatment at 6 ounces for every 10 gal. The company also has a 16 oz. bottle (and larger) available. If that is purchased, you need to add the correct amount for the initial treatment at .6 oz per gal. After that, a periodic maintenance treat rate would be .1 oz. per gal. The company claims the best results are obtained after 1000-1500 miles.

Just didn't want anyone to dump 16 oz. of the stuff into a 10 gal. gas tank
shocked.gif

I bought the 16 oz bottle to try out and put 9 oz in my 17 gallon tank. Drove it down to empty and now use 1 oz per 10 gallons maintenance.

Truck now runs again without pinging on 87 octain. before it would ping with anything less than 91.

I also have been running Chevron gas exclusively for the past 3 years. Not enough techron inthe gas to keep the piston clean of carbon. Either that or techron doesn't clean carbon deposits.

The pinging went away by the end of the 1st tankful of PI.

quote:

MDV, I was talking about this version:

http://www.amsoil.com/products/api.html

It shows the treatment rate I mentioned. It's different than the quick shot, which is a different product.

They are the same product, just different size bottles. The quick shot is for people who don't want to figure out the ratios and just want to dump something in the tank and not continuously use the stuff. Unless you have a big gas tank, I wouldn't dump a whole 16 oz. bottle in for the initial cleanup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back