Auto-rx treatment, use new oil or existing oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I'm just curious if it matters if Auto-rx is in clean brand new oil or used oil for it's treatment period? I know that on the site it says to merely change the filter and add to your existing oil, but would it be most effective when put in clean oil? On my first treatment I put it in with fresh oil, and this time around I will also. I guess I feel most comfortable knowing there are no extra acids or fuel or moisture in there to compete with the Auto-rx in any way.

[ February 27, 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

does it matter what kind of oil u use, can we just use cheap cheap oil or just the normal stuff...should it be a synthetic blend or normal motor oil? i need to order some in the next week

Knowing what I do now, I'd probably just buy some Chevron Supreme, Mobil Drive-Clean, or any other name brand inexpensive dino, even WM SuperTech oil. With Auto-Rx, you'll probably only run that oil for about 600-1200 miles anyway. I'd look for decent & cheap.

Okay even with Pennzoil High Mileage?

That's what I'm running right now, and it has some Esters in it. Was thinking of waiting until I have a regualr dino in the van before using the RX, but hate to wait that long.

Just change your filter and use the Auto-Rx. If you run it over 500 miles, doesn't seem to be a problem. If the oil does have significant ester content, more miles might be beneficial for the Auto-Rx to do it's job.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back