What is everyone doing this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
I normally do not get this weekend off (like never), but I guess I got lucky, and got it off. Plans for me are to work on some more little jobs inside the house, (My major projects are not until next week), clean my cars, and hang out with my family by the pool. (going to be a hot one this weekend.)

What about you guys?

I gave a talk at my daughter's school about Memorial Day, its origins, and its personal significance for me. I discussed the honor, courage and commitment of those who serve, but particularly those who have fallen in combat.

I will be remembering those 1.1 million soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines who gave their lives in the service of our nation.

And I will be remembering my friend, BJ Dwyer, an F/A-18 pilot, to whom I owe my life. On a combat mission on 05 Feb, 1991, he did not come back.

He left behind a wife, and two young daughters.

I am glad you gys are enjoying the 3 day weekend, please don't forget what this weekend is truly about.

Oh, I won't forget. I have friends in all the branches, and will visiting a fallen one on monday.

I got to help with a cell phone collection a few weeks ago for the troops...

Goin to the track in a few hours,get my inhalation of race gas,tire smoke and [censored] raising 1/4 mile fun!
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

Did errands, cut the lawn, and did some laundry today. Got tired of the "shaggy dog" remarks...trimmed my beard and got my hair cut.
smile.gif

Wrenching tomorrow: Fixing the broken exhaust hanger in my Jeep and prepping it and my bus for the 4500 mile road trip I leave on next Friday. My wife worked today (I didn't...of course, I did 59.5 hours Monday to Friday!), she'll help me tomorrow.

We went to a farm stay at a dairy farm... got to milk some cows and have some fresh raw milk. Got peed on by bessie. Heard yowies through the night. Seriously.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
I normally do not get this weekend off (like never), but I guess I got lucky, and got it off. Plans for me are to work on some more little jobs inside the house, (My major projects are not until next week), clean my cars, and hang out with my family by the pool. (going to be a hot one this weekend.)

What about you guys?

Staying home to avoid all the morons out on the road and around this area. I live near the beach and this weekend starts the summer rush around here. Will be nuts here every day, and especially weekends, now until after Labor Day.

Cub Scout color guard stuff. Young men learning US flag protocol. Good stuff. Then off to visit his great-uncle (Army, Tet Offensive) and uncle's grave (USMC) to mark them with flags as appropriate.

Then I gotta' check in at work.

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
Riding out to a National Cemetery which sits in the middle of nowhere NM and salute my brothers who fell.

Well I just got back from a wonderful ride to the middle of nowhere NM, Ft Stanton. It was federal and has been transitioned to state care. If it was not for the volunteer Vets it would rapidly go down hill I'm afraid.
I spent about half an hour and was the only visitor..shame.

Smoky Out

Ehh not much... watched the local dirt track races Friday night, parts of Nascar and Indy races on Saturday. 3 Dirty Harry movies and The Good The Bad and the Ugly mixed in here ant there. Took one son to the zoo today and all of us when to see the WWI vehicles at Liberty Memorial yesterday. Even managed to go fishing a few times.. I could caught them by hand easier!!

Rented a rug doctor and spent 18 hours washing my carpet with hot water straight from the water heater drain valve, to wash off the pesticide I over sprayed and the residue carpet cleaner detergent from the steam cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back