Just ordered some Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

for my 98 Chevy truck with the 5.7L V-8. I seem to have developed a lifter tick after using Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner recently and hope that maybe the Auto-RX will clean things out. I only have 48,300 miles on this truck and have used Mobil 1 since about 14,000 miles so does anyone think I'll see any benefit from using the Auto-RX? Thanks for any input.

Wayne

Warning tomorrow is the last day 2/28 for the Auto-RX//Dyson Analysis deal, Frank says he can't take the skinning anymore. Get em while they are cheap !

Sorry site police, I couldn't post this under site supporters area, says I don't have permission to post there.

[ February 27, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

I agree with sprintman. Run it with Dino to at least 800 miles or so. I think you will see better results.
smile.gif

Sprintman & Buster are right as long as filter is clean 750 miles or so would be right.Thanks to both of you for getting it right (you use it, I just make it ) Frank

No problem. Thank you for making a great product. It works very well from my experience. I have gone 2k miles so far and have ZERO oil burn off.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
I'm going to move to maintenance dose of Auto-Rx in my turbo, just need to choose which dino and thats proving to be tougher than I thought.

Why dino? For the maintenance dose of RX you can run any oil you want. I wouldn't run dino in your turbo under your hot climate!

I just ordered my Dyson Analysis package from Auto-RX. I now have four bottles of the stuff coming to me for $55 or so. Not a bad deal at all.

I was planning on adding it to my Amsoil at the next scheduled filter change, but I guess I'll suck it up and tossing five quarts of Penzoil for a couple of weeks (750 miles).

I guess I'll use my Blackstone/Dyson kit to do some before and after analysis while I'm at it.

lol he gave me 4 bottles for 54 bbucks...offer ends today, i wonder how long will it take to get to me...hehehe i can use that in my tranny right? lol 4 bottles im set!! hheeh a deal off of 100 bucks great

You guys got a better deal than me, I only got three bottles for $54.90

I'm currently running Mobil 1 10W-30 in the truck now. Are you saying I should dump this out and put dino oil in it and than run it 800 miles? I thought you could use it in synthetic oil and run it 750 miles. If thats the case, I will wait untill its time for an oil change before I dump the Mobil 1 out and use the Auto-rx. Someone please clarify what I need to do. Thanks.

Wayne

You could do that, but being M1 has esters, it will be competing with Rx to clean. Dino doesn't have the ester content so Rx can do it's job more effectively and quickly with Dino as the carrier. If you add it to M1, I'd go a 1k miles with it.
smile.gif

i was emailing him back and forth about his site and he was cool about it. i guess it was jsut luck that we got a better deal. maybe next time u should ask for a deal because he will probably work for that deal u know...how long did it take to get to ur house

quote:

Originally posted by wtd:
You guys got a better deal than me, I only got three bottles for $54.90

I'm currently running Mobil 1 10W-30 in the truck now. Are you saying I should dump this out and put dino oil in it and than run it 800 miles? I thought you could use it in synthetic oil and run it 750 miles. If thats the case, I will wait untill its time for an oil change before I dump the Mobil 1 out and use the Auto-rx. Someone please clarify what I need to do. Thanks.

Wayne

Wayne, if you're not fixing a leak, you don't need to run it in dino oil, just run it with the synthetic for 750 miles to 1000 miles. It will just take a bit longer to clean with synthetic that's all. I'm about to do a treatment and I'll be using it with Schaeffer Supreme, and running it for about 750-1000 miles. I know Supreme doesn't have esters in it but I just want this second cleaning to be very thorough.

Patman,
I'm not fixing any leaks really but I do have some slight seepage from the driver's side valve cover bolts. I only have about 900 miles on this oil change so I will probably wait to do the Auto-RX treatment. I may just run this oil change out to 3,000 miles and do an oil analysis to see how the 10W-30 is doing so I can compare it to the 5W-30 I used to run. Then I will probably do the dino oil change with the Auto-RX so it will clean faster. Thanks for the info guys.

Wayne

question:

the site says to
"For engines over 115,000 miles, you will need two applications of Auto-Rx®.
Because of oil filter limitations, one new clean filter will not hold
liquefied contaminants generated by an engine with that many miles. After
the first application, drive your car an additional 1500 miles with
just the new oil and filter. At 1500 miles, add the second bottle of
Auto-Rx®. Drive an additional 500-1000 miles (depending on engine or oil type) and then change the oil and filter.
The application for high-mileage engines is done."

so in a nutshell i do this?
1. new oil and oil filter w/auto rx for umm 1500 miles
2. do an oil change and then add autorx again for another 1500 miles?
3. after that do a normal oil change with no auto rx..

is this correct? i have 165k on my 4cyl accord.

can i put some in with my oil thats been in my car for the last 2 months....or just stick to the plan

Add Auto-Rx to your existing oil (2 ounces per quart of oil )put on a clean filter, drive 500 to 750 miles and change oil & filter. Your done first part of cleansing, now drive with just new oil and clean filter for either 2250 or 2500 miles
and add second bottle of Auto-Rx for 500 or 750 miles, just as you did in first application.
When you change oil and filter this time your done with application. Thats it. I would suggest you add 3 ounces of Auto-Rx to every oil change after this one, the benefits far outweigh the cost.

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:
Add Auto-Rx to your existing oil (2 ounces per quart of oil )put on a clean filter, drive 500 to 750 miles and change oil & filter. Your done first part of cleansing, now drive with just new oil and clean filter for either 2250 or 2500 miles
and add second bottle of Auto-Rx for 500 or 750 miles, just as you did in first application.
When you change oil and filter this time your done with application. Thats it. I would suggest you add 3 ounces of Auto-Rx to every oil change after this one, the benefits far outweigh the cost.

The special seems to be over, but I called yesterday and left a voice mail and if that was you Frank, you said it could only be ordered over the internet and no phone orders could be taken. I want 4 bottles for $55 if possible too.
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:

hahah ok
1. add auto rx to existing oil and oil filter??
2. drive it 4 500 miles and replace oil and filter and then add auto ax again for about 2k miles...

am i getting this right?

is this the frank in charge of auto-rx site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back