Killing a Honda engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
New member here, have been reading the forums for a few weeks now. A great site and thanks to all for the education.

Someone noted it's hard to kill a Honda engine. Hard but not impossible, as I've done it. Actually I think I have Fram to thank for that, as I was a frequent user of their oil filters before discovering this site. I strongly suspect a Fram Extra Guard filter with PTFE was responsible for the catastrophic engine failure in my 93 Accord with only 100K miles. Engine teardown was not done but it appears one or more passages were clogged.

Used 93 Accord engine with 90K miles was dropped in as a replacement and has performed well for 18 months. Am running Castrol GTX 10W-30 and will start using K&N filter with next oil change. Also plan to do an Auto RX treatment fairly soon based on the excellent feedback I've read.

Fully agree with this site's consensus that the PTFE/Teflon/Slick 50 stuff is bad news. Thanks for all the great information here.
gr_stretch.gif

my father for the life of my 91 accord used those products that are bad like restore all and everything else, and its still running better than ones around here...though we keep the matinence on the car...like timming and sheit like that...hehe o yea and a fram oil filter all the way with 10k Drains and 10w30 motor oil ahhahahahahah...but now i took over and its higher quality stuff =) my .02 cents

Restore All or Compression Restorer Additive?

IMOthe grey metallic bottled Compression Restore Additive is a genuine product. Others here have attested to that.

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:
Restore All or Compression Restorer Additive?

IMOthe grey metallic bottled Compression Restore Additive is a genuine product. Others here have attested to that.

i got the grey mettalic bottle...iono if its cool...but i do get better gains...and the engien is stronger i just heard it was bad.

if u want to kill a honda engine here is what u do:

drive the car past red line every time, downshift to redline everytime, revmatch every time. after a while the car will bogg down, but a long while.

but if its a f22b engine please dont, donate that to me...hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back