Any Personal Reviews of Castrol Transmax ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to reword my statement of...Castrol TransMax HM ATF
It was just regular Castrol HM ATF/green bottle that I bought from PB's for ~ $2-$2.50/qt.(NOT TRANSMAX HM ATF)

Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
It does not have and cannot achieve DEXRON(R) performance requirements.

That's a very categorical statement. There is NO Dex III licensing program anymore, and it is too thick to qualify for Dex VI. But Castrol plainly says its ATF is for pre-2005 GM vehicles, ie DEX III(H)

So what was the Castrol Transmax ATF DEXRON(R)-IIIH licence number?

Originally Posted By: tdi-rick
Originally Posted By: JC807
I used Transmax Z in my ZF 6sp auto and it made it much smoother, especially the first shift when cold. it also seems firmer when using manual mode.

all round seems much improved over the genuine ZF lifeguard 6

Transmax Z is a full syn fluid and is ZF approved
wink.gif

I checked out the PDS for Transmax Z, and it says the fluid is green. I'm jealous, I want green ATF!

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Originally Posted By: brianl703
It has a Mercon V license...

It does not have and cannot achieve DEXRON(R) performance requirements.

I'm putting it in a Ford, so that's no concern of mine.

Originally Posted By: tdi-rick
Originally Posted By: JC807
I used Transmax Z in my ZF 6sp auto and it made it much smoother, especially the first shift when cold. it also seems firmer when using manual mode.

all round seems much improved over the genuine ZF lifeguard 6

Transmax Z is a full syn fluid and is ZF approved
wink.gif

I'm 99.999999% sure it IS NOT approved by ZF for the 6hp26 transmission. This has caused huge discussion over on fordxr6turbo.com where some people don't want to risk using it. Penrite's SIN ATF claimed to have been approved but then backed down saying it wasn't and the only other company in Australia currently claiming to be approved is Gulf Western.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar

I checked out the PDS for Transmax Z, and it says the fluid is green. I'm jealous, I want green ATF!

mmm, the Transmax Z i bought recently wasn't green, it looked more like most engine oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back