Trying to get the most out of my Neutra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pat,

I think you may be missing one important thing here - not only does Neutra help keep things clean, but it also helps lubricate your top end. Since it can't lubricate if it's not there, you pretty much have to add it on a regular basis for optimal use.

Anyway, I'd probably vote for the "2 oz per week and be done with it" proposal!

- Spartane

Yea, a pain. I use neutra once in a while at 1 bottle per tankful but on several cars I use the Amsoil PI, squit in an oz. per tank usually. A pain also, but I placed a strap in the trunk, velcro and just keep it in the trunk for easy access and so it does not tip over and spill. If you don't want the hassle of a squirt, well, the neutra is hard to use at 2 ounces each time, Amsoil at least has a squirt type of bottle, I would go the 2-3 month route and add a full bottle.

Patman, I agree with spartane about the continuous use. I'd probably pass on the frequent topups though I know what F-bodies and snow are like.
smile.gif

My biggest complaint is with dispensing. I'm about to order a few of these:

-

What we need is an on-board reservoir so we can just hit a button to inject a couple ounces directly to the gas tank.
grin.gif

My biggest problem in the Firebird is that if I pour it into the filler area, it doesn't go into the tank very fast, I need to push on the little flap to get it to go down faster. So I use one of those "mixmizer" syringes, with the hose on the end, and use that to squeeze in the amount I need.

I'm thinking that my current method might be the most effective, as 2oz per 15.5 gallons might not be strong enough as it is, let alone later in the week once I've diluted it with more gas. At least if I'm putting in 4oz per 15.5 gallons at the beginning of the week, that is probably a more effective dose.

I just hate to use up an entire case in less than a year though. Ordering it in the bottles is the easiest way to go though, as pouring it from a bigger container would get messy. This stuff doesn't smell very good either, I hate getting it on my hands. I've started wearing gloves when handling it actually. Even still, my hands smell of the stuff.

I ordered a case of 24 bottles of Neutra and have been using it in my tank with every fillup, but find it to be a bit of a pain to always add it every single time, plus doing it this way will use up my supply very quickly too (in less than 40 weeks!).

The last couple of weeks I've been doing it this way. I add 2oz to my wife's tank once a week. I only get gas in her car once a week, usually about 7 gallons worth. With my car I drive much more, and like to keep my tank topped up often (better traction in case we get snow) so I add about 20 gallons of gas total, spread out over 3 smaller top ups a week. I've been adding 4oz of Neutra once a week to this car, but only just before the Sunday morning fillup with gas. The other two times a week I add fuel to it I don't add Neutra. This method will use up my supply in 48 weeks.

But would I get more effective use out of this product if I simply waited 2-3 months and then added a full 12oz bottle to each? Or what about a 6oz dose once per month? Or should I just add 2oz to each car once per week and be done with it?

I want to try and basically find the best balance between keeping the fuel system clean, but without going through all 24 bottles of Neutra in less than a year.

Patman

I keep my Neutra in an old Stabil (SP) bottle. You know the kind with a 32 oz bottle with the little 1 oz dispenser attached. Just remove the lid on the dispenser side and squeeze the large bottle and a measured amount of product fills the upper portion.

This way I can dispense 1/4 oz per gallon at each filling. No mess.

I decided how much to use by giving the Saturn the full treatment. Then monitoring MPG while slowly dropping the dosage. At 1 oz per eight gallons the MPG started to creep back up.

The 1oz per 4 gallons seems to be the sweet spot for my Saturn anyway.

OK, I think I have come to a decision. Until someone convinces me otherwise, I feel the best plan of action for me is to go with the 6oz treatment once per month. This should keep the fuel system pretty clean, hopefully keeping carbon out of the combustion chamber too. But this method will allow a 24 bottle supply to last two years.

OK, I've revised my plan just a little bit.
smile.gif

I'm going to put in 7oz in the Firebird once a month, and the last 5oz of the bottle in the Honda at the same time. This works out a bit better since the Firebird holds 15.5 gallons and the Honda holds 12. Then, two weeks after doing this, I'll add a 2oz dose to each car.

This should let my supply last about 18 months.

Patman,

I buy my Neutra by the Case (4 one-gallon jugs). It is much cheaper that a case of 24 twelve-ouncers. I'm paying about $32 US for a case.

D

The problem with the jugs is convenience though. I'd have to pour it into smaller containers and it could get messy.

quote:

Originally posted by darrenc:
Patman,

I buy my Neutra by the Case (4 one-gallon jugs). It is much cheaper that a case of 24 twelve-ouncers. I'm paying about $32 US for a case.

D

that's $8/gallon or $8/128 ounces or 6.25 cents/ounce or 75 cents for a 12 ounce equivalent bottle that I paid over $2 or closer to $3 for per bottle. Is that math correct? Seems way to inexpensive? Who did you order this from and did that include shipping?

Spector,
It depends where you live in the US, but the Neutra is about $42 for 4 gallons, if included in a $250 order and that includes free shipping. That is Wholesale, $250 min. order and free shipping all rolled in to one. Not a bad deal at all.

Opps. Correction. I pay about 40 bucks US for a case of 1 gal. jugs. I have a local jobber here in Fresno that carries the product.

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
smile.gif

I'm going to put in 7oz in the Firebird once a month, and the last 5oz of the bottle in the Honda at the same time. This works out a bit better since the Firebird holds 15.5 gallons and the Honda holds 12. Then, two weeks after doing this, I'll add a 2oz dose to each car.

Patman,

I feel different about adding once a month. I still like adding at each tank fill-up. I have no scientific data except feel good. Look at it this way: get up in the morning and don't take your vitamin, just save it in another cup. Do this for 30 days and on the 30'th day take them all at once. What happens now is your body takes what it needs and you wee out the rest. Same with your engine, why overdose once a month when you can do it continuously as you drive.

I do understand what you are saying, and I do take my vitamin each morning!
smile.gif

But I also look at it this way. With a small 2oz dose at a time weekly, it's probably not going to do much of a cleaning since it will be quite a diluted dosage, especially in my Firebird with the larger tank and constant fillups throughout the week. But a stronger dose at the beginning, combined with the 2oz in the middle of the month, should probably do more to keep things spotless inside.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
smile.gif

Patman,

I feel different about adding once a month. I still like adding at each tank fill-up. I have no scientific data except feel good. Look at it this way: get up in the morning and don't take your vitamin, just save it in another cup. Do this for 30 days and on the 30'th day take them all at once. What happens now is your body takes what it needs and you wee out the rest. Same with your engine, why overdose once a month when you can do it continuously as you drive.

Mr. Patman,

Please educate me on " Neutra " !
1. What is Neutra do for your engine?
2. Why you have to put the Neutra so often ?

I live in Seattle area, I have not seen Neutra
or hear that how the Neutra do for your engine. therefore I don't know what is the Neutra do for your car.

Thanks

jsleesi
pat.gif

I've never heard of it either here in southern Indiana. Where can I get it? I always thought Techron was the best to up your mileage and clean the injectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back