Lubegard Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Nissan pickup in the family, '86 with 76,000 miles (FIL passed on & MIL won't sell it), that had sticky shifting. I used a 5 minute transmission flush, did an ATF flush (that first fluid came out black!), then added a bottle of Red. It now shifts OK, but whether the improvement was due to the flush stuff, or the new ATF, or the Red...I can't say.

I also have a Volvo that was shifting abruptly...this was about a year after an ATF flush. I added Red and it now shifts smoothly like it used to.

Ken

I have used Lubegard red in my wife's '97 Villager. The auto tranny shifts were getting rough and I decided to try Lubegard with an ATF change at 60k. Now at 87k, shifts are still smooth. Pretty good stuff.
I'm planning to use it in all my vehicles with regular ATF changes as preventive maintenance.

[ February 16, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: GimmeTorq ]

I have placed it in three transmissions so far. Maybe, jsut maybe a slight change in one the other two, could not determine anythign. All three were operating fine to begin with.

Leek almost all additives, I suggest only as a last result most do nothing for preventative maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back