Best UCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best UCL that is affordable and that works well.
As well as how often is it needed.

i always liked to use marvel mystery oil when i ran dino oil... in my old beaters, it always made them run a lot better.... i also hear the lucas UCL and fuel treatment is one of the best

There is a place here that sells the lucas ucl for 5 bucks.
I guess I'll give that a try and see what happens.
how often would I have to use it.

lucas is a cheap product..i would use redlines complete fuel treatment or synergyns preventalube you can fine these products at your high performance and racing shops

dunno, man, everyone talks about how lucas is the best, THEE best you can buy OTC pretty much...

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Use Lucas UCL every tank. Unleaded fuel needs a lube.

Why do you say this though? There are many people out there with 300,000km or more who have never added stuff like this. So why is it a must?

Lucas and the neutra 131 are both good from the tests I have done with them. Both unlike most neutralizes the acid byproduct of the sulfur used in fuel, therefore reduces the carbon byproduct keeping the cyl cleaner. This also is where MM cannot or does not compare with lucas or 131.

I respectfully disagree that one is better than the other between those two for fuel applications. The real difference I see is price and diversitility of use. Lucas being available OTC where as 131 is from Tim @ around 3.00 a bottle of almost half with wholesale orders

131 is a diversed product that can be used in vertually everything from gas,L.P.G. and diesel fuels, crankcase oil, ps trans, rear end gear oils, and hydraulic systems. Also offers faster water separation from fuel,used as a fuel stabalizer for storage by inhibiting the oxidation of the fuel,lowers the waters freeze point, and is a lead replacement for reduced exhaust valve seat wear (recession) for both non-hardened and hardened exhaust valve seat and seat inserts.

131 is not an octane booster but a cleaner, acid neutralizer, lubricant, and has some seal conditioning properties. It is so passive it will not affect the throw away coffee cups if poured and left sitting in it.

The 131c on the other hand only is a soy bean additive that works in gas engines only and is not for diesel fuel. It cannot be used in any other applciation as the 131 does. It's basic design is to clean, and increase the fuel economy of a gas engine.. a used engine, they claim up to 5% better and on a new engine up to 2% improvement. Also, appears to have Up to 40% increase in fuel lubricity. I'm not all that up on this one as it is more expensive but also is more concentrate.

Hope that helps.

[ February 18, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

Thanks for popping in, Bob. So to get specific, for a non-freezing environment, SoCal car, gas only, do the 2 products have overlapping functions? Or would the 131C be preferable?
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back