Best grease for sliding side door on a van?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I have a Dodge Ram 3500 Van with a sliding side door. I just replaced the whole door, but when I went to go replace it, I found that all of the door grease had turned into what was essentially asphalt. I scraped out all of the nasty stuff before installing the new door, but I wanted to make sure that I lubed up the tracks and mechanisms with the right grease.

Since one of the door mechanisms is outside of the door, where the wrong grease could leave dirt and stains on the body, it's pretty important that I get this right. I am looking for the best weather-resistant grease compatible with this application.

Thank You for any help and suggestions.

I've started using Boeshielld T9 bike chain lube for this type of thing. Easy to use, works well, and very good at not picking up dirt.

I know the problem I have with the side sliders on our van is, too much road grime builds-up in there. Anything sticky just attracts it more. FWIW, I've had to replace roller assemblies on our Odyssey. Thankfully it's non-power sliders!

Joel

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
One of the best ones we use on our fleet vans is amsoil spray grease. It never hardens and does a great job.

I saw it sitting right on the shelf when I went to pick up my other Amsoil goodies. Knew I should have gotten it. Oh well. Another trip back out west I guess.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back