Carrier for Auto-rx and what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by cvl:
Why is dino oil recommended as a carrier for Auto-Rx? I can't use dino oil because both of my cars are turbocharged, but I couldn't use a highly-detergent synthetic like Delvac 1.

Dino is recommended because the esters in synthetic will compete with the esters in Auto-rx and the cleaning takes longer. And if you're fixing a seal leak, the seal goes back to it's original state better when using dino oil.

If you're not fixing an oil leak, but simply cleaning the engine, you can run synthetic with RX, just up the treatment period to 750-1000 miles.

Just added Auto-rx into my tranny, I did notice that Auto-rx is thick and paste-like so I mixed it with some ATF before adding into my tranny's existing ATF.

I'm thinking of doing the same with the engine oil part, mix some Auto-rx with the dino oil before adding during oil change. How do you guys put in your Auto-rx?
wink.gif

Auto-Rx has "Natural Occuring Esters" in the product. It will thicken in cold weather, before you pour it in keep it in your house overnight or run it under hot water for 15 minutes and pourability is like 10 wt. oil. Auto-Rx once in your oil reserve with hot or cold engine operating temperatures takes on the viscosoty of your oil.Auto-Rx NEVERS thickens up again. Remember there are no synthetics so heat it up, absoulutey no need to dilute it. Then do application. Your paying for maximum benefits with Auto-Rx give it a little "TLC"

Thanks Frank, I left the Auto-rx at home for a couple of days (70F in my home). It's still pretty thick, next time I'll run the bottle thru hot water first.

Thanks!

Would it also be safe to leave your bottle of Auto-rx inside a hot car interior before putting it in? I know my car's interior gets over 120F in the summertime. It should flow pretty good after being in the car that long in the heat.

Auto-Rx Flash Point is >410 F so leaving Auto-Rx
in your car during summer temperatures should be okay. On another matter using new oil for initial application is not necessary unless you as an individual just feel better about doing application like this. Oil does not wear out (the additive package does ) Auto-Rx is formulated with it's own EP Package, so when you add it to your dirty oil Auto-Rx add's enough EP for 500-750-1000 Mile application before changing out to fresh oil & filter.A clean filter is the "KEY" and
should be your "Clean Priority" Auto-Rx is cleaning up your dirty oil from the start, while liquifying the dirt,sludge abrasives from all the oil rotating lubricated parts and holding all this "Crud" in suspension while it drives it to your "CLEAN Filter.

Patman, does a Group III oil like Syntec count as a dino oil in this regard since it doesn't have any esters? I'm going to do the AutoRx treatment in my other car (even hotter running turbo), so I'd rather use a Group III if I can.

quote:

Originally posted by cvl:
Patman, does a Group III oil like Syntec count as a dino oil in this regard since it doesn't have any esters? I'm going to do the AutoRx treatment in my other car (even hotter running turbo), so I'd rather use a Group III if I can.

I think Syntec may contain some esters mixed with it's group 3 though, so you still would be better off going with something you know for sure contains no esters in it.

Thanks. Perhaps I'll try Shell Rotella T or Delvac 1300. I just don't like the idea of using a dino oil with a turbo, so I'll stick with a diesel oil for those 500-1000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back