Difference between Auto-RX and Neutra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be giving my high mileage 96 Ford 300 a flush in the near future. Can anyone explain to me what the difference is between Auto-rx and Neutra? I get the impression from this board that they will both work in the engine oil and clean deposits and varnish. Is this correct?

I have a local supplier of Schaeffer products so I don't have to pay for shipping. Thought I would give it a try.

Some months back, I gave my car a "double whammy". I first ran a dose(1 oz/qt of oil)of Neutra in my car for the last ~750 miles or so of an oil change interval. Then ran first change of Schaeffer for ~3000 miles. I then drained & refilled w/fresh dino oil, new filter, & a full bottle of Auto-Rx, & ran that for ~1100 miles. I suspect my car had virtually no "black sludge" before all this, just some varnish & semi-stuck rings.(over 100,000 miles when done) Both produced noticeable improvements in compression braking. Both are excellent, IMO, & both may require a 2nd treatment to get the full benefits. Neutra is cheaper, seems to work well, Auto-Rx may have more benefits for seals, might be more gentle, maybe even more thorough. I suspect by using one after the other, I got the best of both worlds! Others may disagree. (Please note I did *Not* use both at once. I don't recommend that at all.)

BTW, If you go w/Auto-Rx, Frank will be happy to listen to the details of your situation, & recommend a few "custom touches" if needed. He's definitely one of the good guys. Same goes for Neutra & a certain Bob who shall remain nameless, & who's name is still on this website.
grin.gif

I think the light has just turned on.

I just realized that auto-rx and neutra are not both Schaeffer products. No wonder I couldn't find them both on the Schaeffer website.

Thanks alot guys!
cheers.gif

RB, Neutra #131 "Fuel Stabilizer" is what many of us use. The bottle lists the 1oz/qt dose for oil purge. I dimly recall earlier discussions about concentration differences from #292 but in the end Bob assured us he used #131 for this purpose.

131 data sheet

David

Schaeffer's #292 and #131 are the same thing.

The product is a cleaning ester for crankcases and combustion chambers.

When I ordered Neutra #131 in the 4-gallon case, I received #292.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back