Rislone engine cleaner MSDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick, it was posted on the last thread "auto-rx vs. rislone". You can find it at: http://www.rislone.com/msol127.htm

I just put some in my 1994 BMW with 149k mi. in the existing M-1 oil to cure cold start valve clacking...lets see if it works! I drove about 100 mi. yesterday...the oil seems about twice as dark as yesterday...so it must be doing something. Still had the dreaded cold valve clack this am...so may need more time to work...you need at least 500-1000 mi...so I'll keep tabs and report back...figure I'll be the guinea pig here...heck for $3.47 Can. pesos..why not?

When you say M-1 is the Mobil1? If not I'm wondering if I can use it in Synthetic oil.
Because I still have my synthetic 5W-30 In right now. I have 6 more 10W-30 jugs of Conventional oil from last summer. So I going to use then when it get's wormer here.

Yup, Mobil 1. I put in 2 bottles of the "add anytime" stuff since my capacity is 8L and the proper ratio is 4:1. Called the Tech at Rislone as well. The company has been around for 80 years. He states there is no esters in the formula, but wouldn't specify further...the formula is secret..but, it is different from CD-2 Engine detergent. He id say that the blueness is just a die and that the qt. bottle works better as it has more of the base oil which is a "penetrating lubricant". 200 mi. so far. Will keep everyone posted.

Gentleman you would be way ahead of the game if what you want to do is "Flush" your engine by using "Neutra" why would you want to put a $ 4.00
Product in your engine that does not base clean the metal, changes the spec's of your oil, it's been around a long time as Dr.T found out there ingredient secret is propriatary.Dr.T what product warranty did you get that covers your BMW?
So nothing is taken out of context Auto-Rx is not a flush it reconditions seals and gives oil lubricated rotating parts deep metal cleansing without using solvents, so oil can get clean metal to lubricate.

My Jeep used to clack some on startup before and after I flushed it with KN Flush (NEVER doing that again). After the mechanic took off the oil pan to clean it and put a new oil pump on, it hasn't clacked yet even in 15 degree weather on 10w40 GTX high mileage. The gunk in the pan was so bad he had to use a wire brush drill bit just to clean the pan out, and the pickup screen took a LONG time to clean. I wished I would have known about rx beforehand, but I doubt though it would have been able to clean the pan and the pickup as well as doing it manually.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back