Check it out! Auto-rx in 90 integra Pix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached are pix of my motor with valve cover removed. This is after two treatments of auto-rx.
 -

This is from a 1990 acura inregra with 124k miles. I did not take before pictures, however I have had valve cover off two other times since getting the car with about 115k on it. Once to put on a new timing belt and once to do a valve adjustment. Soon after doing the timing belt project I put in amsoil 5w30 and ran the flush beforehand. About 1k after the amsoil in, I pulled the valve cover to do the valve adjustment. The oil at that time was still very light and clear, but the inside of the valve cover area was still pretty heavily varnished-in other words, didn't appear that amsoil flush "cleaned out" that and I am not sure it was supposed to. After two Rx treatments motor is just about clean enough to eat off of. I unfortunately did not even think to take before pix.
I am NOT any kind of paid sponsor, but I am so impressed with what this did, couldn't help but posting. Thank you, Frank! And thanks to this board for letting me find this stuff. Supreme 7000 (also found on this board)has just gone in crankcase and I'll catch up in about 5k miles when I do my first analysis. I'm knocking on wood for 200k out of this engine as it is my work car. And as you might all know, being married with 2 girls, mtg, etc., dads are always last in line to buy new toys-so its gotta last.
If these pix do not come out, its because I am pretty much of a computer moron and I'll get it right the second time.

-

Maybe it will work this time.
mad.gif

If not the link is:

http://207.150.221.94/emission/images/auto-Rx2.jpg

Someone already tried to help me to get this to attach, as I said-I'm pretty computer stupid. If this doesn't work , can someone post this or gimme some help-thanks. Lets hope that my auto mechanical skills are at least marginally better. (they seem to be as the car still runs).

Man I wish my V6 F-Body was not such a pain to get at the valve covers...esp on the right side with those freakin coil packs. GM engineering on the V6 bodies must have been an economy install *lol*

--- Needless to say your Camshaft Journals look Amazingly clean
smile.gif
Good Job to Auto RX
\\

Now I need to buy that stuff!

Looks good. What type of oil were you running for most of it's life? Also, what type of oil did you add Rx too and how long did you run it?
smile.gif

Buster, I've only had the car for about 10K miles. Prior to that it belonged to my best man's wife since 1992. can pretty safely say that it ran on dino all its life as I know the quick change that she used to take it to (p.s. when I got it I had to put a new oil pan in as that joker stripped the h*** out of the drain plug. His solution was to retap it and squeeze a bunch of high-temp silicone around it). His advertised brand is Pennzoil and I initially pulled a Pennzoil filter off the car.
One of the first projects on the car was the timing belt, as it had never been done and was beyond its service limit. So I saw the valves at that time. Before hanging out on this site, I decided to go synthetic and put in amsoil doing the amsoil flush beforehand and an amsoil filter. I then pulled the valve cover about 1k-2k later to do a valve adjustment and found this board at about the same time. The inside of the engine was still pretty varnished/gummed (not really sludged-just looked kike it had 100k plus miles).
I got the auto-rx and ran it in the amsoil for about 850-1000 miles per Frank's instruction (go longer with synthetic I guess). Drained this and put in Pennzoil SL 5w30 and a bosch ran it clean for 1500 miles. Then ran 2nd auto-rx for 500 miles. I drained yesterday and pulled valve cover to replace a cam end plug and, VOILA! I also used a treatment in my auto tranny with some pretty amazing results. Sorry to babble, but thats my story.

This commentary and pix confirm what I tell my analysis customers, Auto-RX works, safely,slowly,effectively.

Terry

What if someone used a group 3 synthetic? I guess Auto-rx wouldn't have a problem cleaning in 500 miles due to the lack of esters?

I now wonder how Auto-rx would do with an oil like Maxlife? It has esters in it and that's what I ran on my first Auto-rx treatment. It still made a big difference, even with just a 500mi interval. I am doing a second treatment in about a month, as soon as the weather warms up. (I'm not crawling under my car in this cold weather to change that oil filter!)
smile.gif

I was wondering the same thing....and I agree, I'm not going under my car for awhile! This is one reason I decided to extend my next change until 12k or so miles.
smile.gif
I plan on using RX with Exxon's Super Flow oil.

Patman, I posted that a couple days ago and Molecule mentioned that even Group III's have some esters in the oil.

quote:

Originally posted by smeltjr:

I got the auto-rx and ran it in the amsoil for about 850-1000 miles per Frank's instruction (go longer with synthetic I guess).

An associate of Frank's said a while back that the esters in syn oil slow the action of the esters on Auto-Rx, so a longer cleaning cycle is needed when syn oil is used.

Ken

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
What if someone used a group 3 synthetic? I guess Auto-rx wouldn't have a problem cleaning in 500 miles due to the lack of esters?

I now wonder how Auto-rx would do with an oil like Maxlife? It has esters in it and that's what I ran on my first Auto-rx treatment. It still made a big difference, even with just a 500mi interval. I am doing a second treatment in about a month, as soon as the weather warms up. (I'm not crawling under my car in this cold weather to change that oil filter!)
smile.gif

i changed mine yesterday when it was about 0*.

Patman, Most of my distaste for working on vehicles in the cold comes from lying on the cold ground. Saps the heat & strength right out of you. Putting down a blanket or piece of cardboard does wonders.

David

quote:

Originally posted by OneQuartLow:
Patman, Most of my distaste for working on vehicles in the cold comes from lying on the cold ground. Saps the heat & strength right out of you. Putting down a blanket or piece of cardboard does wonders.

David

For me it's the cold wind. It always seems to be windy here this winter. I don't even like walking the one minute walk from the parking lot to my workplace in the morning!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back