AutoRx or Amsoil engine flush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bottle of AutoRx and was just reading some old posts about it. It seems over all it is a good product. My question is, what do you think would do the job better, Amsoil's flush or RX? Being I already have Rx, I will use it, but for future use, I might give this a try. I have 108K on my car and for my next oil change, I wand to clean the engine up.
smile.gif

Auto-Rx.,
Amsoil engine flush is about as advanced as Gunk Engine Flush, equal offense to both brands. Cleans top of Carbonacous deposits quick, leaving layers of hard formations, possibly allowing "chunks " to be released into oil stream and journals.

Seal compatibility is another problematic issue.

I don't like solvents that aren't inhibited or lubricious. Neutra and Lube Control are both in the OK catagory based on testing by myself and molekule.

For Heavily sludged engines :
I would always use Auto-RX first then follow - up with the Nuetra or Lube Control.

Enough on this board have used Nuetra to limit my concerns on seal compatibility with its use.

Auto-RX is VERY gentle and effective over nay product I am aware of. Many Amsoil dealers are using it over the old "flush".

Terry

[ February 01, 2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

Thanks Terry, that was the answer I was looking for.
smile.gif

I've used both Amsoil engine flush and Auto-Rx in a Volvo with 80k-90k miles on it.

The Amsoil engine flush made no apparent difference. The oil came out aabout equally brown/black as it always does. The next drain of Amsoil oil was blacker than usual; it seems to me that the Amsoil oil cleaned better than their flush.

Auto-Rx removed some, not all, of the hard deposits from the underside of the oil filler cap that the Amsoil flush and the Amsoil oil had left behind. There is still some thin, brown color on the camshaft area, but it's really thin and no way a problem. 500 miles before my next oil change (Schaeffer #703), I'll put in 6 oz. of #131 Neutra and see what happens.

Ken

[ February 01, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back