WM TLE going ECore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are changing TLE filters over from the Fram PRO line, which are just relabeled orange cans in 12 packs, to a new Fram CORE filter. I have not actually seen one of these CORE filters yet, but just from the spec sheet I can tell what it is. They are all shorter than the ones they are replacing. Which they are doing what other lube shops are doing and consolidating the filters from 22 to 12 or something like that.

Wouldn't the title "Ecore" be confusing as you're talking frams not champ labs products?

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Fram & Champ are now owned by the same company (Rank), already seeing the Ecore style tapping plates turning up on Frams.

Yup Yup.

I'm sure this is more of a Fram thing than Walmart's doing. Nevertheless, I'm not at all surprised. Anything to save a few pennies..

I found this post thanks to Google. I searched it today to find out about the new Fram filters we're getting at Walmart. The new filters look like SuperTech filters. When you compare the orange Frams to the new black ones, the new ones are significantly shorter. Also the base plate appears extremely thin and cheap. I wish I could post pictures but I don't know how to upload photos from my phone.

BTW the new filters say TLE so we're going to know if the car has been serviced by Walmart before.
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
They are changing TLE filters over from the Fram PRO line, which are just relabeled orange cans in 12 packs, to a new Fram CORE filter. I have not actually seen one of these CORE filters yet, but just from the spec sheet I can tell what it is. They are all shorter than the ones they are replacing. Which they are doing what other lube shops are doing and consolidating the filters from 22 to 12 or something like that.

Last edited:
Fram going eCore ...
crazy.gif

Don't you love how companies try and make a "cheapening" of the product a selling point. Hilarious!

Sad part is that very few consumers know the technical aspects of the situation.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Don't you love how companies try and make a "cheapening" of the product a selling point. Hilarious!

Sad part is that very few consumers know the technical aspects of the situation.

the 20 people here on these forums will wring their hands over it. the millions of people who get these filters installed each year will have no problems and happily not waste a moment thinking about it.

so now, who loses?

With the absorption of Champion Labs by Fram, the final irony here is that the "E-Core" design is deemed the cheaper product over the classic Fram design.

I had a feeling this was going to happen. Hey, I guess they had to do something with all those ST filters that got sent back.

I was able to actually 'eyeball' a few today. Like ST filters, the Asian car filters still retain the steel core. The American cars get an e-core version. Go figure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back