mopar combustion chamber cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to get some opinions on this product from you guys who know much more about stuff like this. Here is my experience with this product.
I had a 97 Dodge Neon for awhile, purchased used. At approx 60k miles, when I did all the maintenance, I gave this stuff a whirl. Sprayed the whole can down the throttle body after the engine was completely warmed up. Shut it down for about 2 hours, restarted. A cloud of nasty smelling smoke that was big enough to be picked up on weather radar billowed out
shocked.gif

Revved it up a few times until the misfire went away, and then went for a quick drive, running it up to redline as directed on the can, to get it all back out. Afterwards, I changed the oil, reset the ecu, changed the plugs, and I was surprised by how much better/smoother the car ran.
grin.gif

For about a week, the car would idle high at about 1500 rpms on a cold start, then drop down to normal after about a minute.
I used this stuff again at 75k miles, the cloud was much much smaller this time after another 15k miles.
Does this product have any adverse effects on seals, gaskets, etc. or anything else to be concerned with??
I now have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner with the 3.4L V6. I just picked it up used and put some Amsoil syn in her at 10k miles, along with an Amsoil oil and air filter, and plan on making sure I use Techron gas as much as possible and the additive when I change the oil. I might give the Amsoil PI a try too, but not sure yet, since I have read good things about techron on here. After about 30k miles, would it be necessary, or is it safe, to use something like the Mopar CCC on my Toyota?
Thanks in advance for your help and opinions
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back