using auto-rx on a long trip?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to fly down to Florida and drive a car back. The car is dripping 2-3 drops of oil overnight. The owner has no idea where the oil is dripping from. So I thought that I would have the oil changed there and add the auto-rx. Drive the car for 1,000 miles on the way home, then have it changed again, then finish the last 1,000 miles home, and change it to M1.

So the trip is going to be 2,000 miles in 3 days.
Can I do everything that auto-rx requires in 3 days, or would it be best to wait and do it over a period of several months, under normal driving conditions???

Thanks!

Forgot to add that the car is a 1988 pontiac with a 2.8 and only 24,000 original miles. The car only had 14,000 mile on it from 1988 to 2001, then the next owner has put 10,000 mile on it in the past 2 years, so it might not be to dirty, just that the seals may have dried out from lack of use.

So is it better to use auto-rx over a several months, or can I do it all at once on a long trip.

Thanks

All at once is the best way to do it! From what I have gathered the product does it's best cleaning on a hot engine. So the more time it spends at operating temp the better it cleans. This sounds like a very good plan you have.

Ross use Auto-Rx in EXISTING OIL, put new filter on and drive 500 to 750 miles than change oil and filter. Think your correct that seals have lost pliability, reason why I am suggesting extra 250 miles before changing oil.What kind of oil has
been used in this engine ? E-Mail
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back