Amsoil PI. What is it really???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody really know what is in Amsoil PI and why it is so pricy (by fluid oz. not treat rate). Their MSDS shows that it mainly medium Naphtha. Is there something special about this stuff? I’ve been using it for about a year now. I have no idea if it really works as advertised. Is anyone informed about this. Molekule…Terry…

Thanks guys. Not to be overly cynical here, but are these products being used/recommended for their efficacy or because of site sponsorship? Not being a smarta$$…and I have no problem with candid answers or the flagrant influences and motivation of capitalism.

quote:

Originally posted by darrenc:
...no problem with candid answers or the flagrant influences and motivation of capitalism.

Ah, what lurks...
grin.gif

Just in case, did you already catch sciguyjim's discussion of various treatments?

quote:

Originally posted by darrenc:
Thanks guys. Not to be overly cynical here, but are these products being used/recommended for their efficacy or because of site sponsorship?

I can tell you this, as far as effeciency of the product. 1 oz per 10 gallons sure beats what the treat rate for techron is. I don't know about the site sponsorship deal, as happen to be one, also the others that do contribute to this are so market by their names when they post.

As far as what's in it, I don't know. I had a friend who works at ethyl but she wouldn't analyize it. I wondered if it had some MMT in it.

[ January 17, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: msparks ]

Guys I'm not a fuels expert, I'm just telling you my opinion, not an ad for any product.

Once I discovered Fuel Power and tried it, I've been using it in everything here with a engine( diesel or gas).

1 oz to 5 gallons. Cost is about $20 a gallon.

email me for Odis Beavers #.

I was hoping for someone to sell the stuff and become a site supporter.

Nuetra is a safe fuel treatment for cleaning but I like the MPG and small octane boost with the FP.

Amsoil, Redline, Techron are safe fuel adds but are too expensive IMHO and must be used constantly to see any cleaning effect.

Thanks for the replies. I've seen a product here on the West Coast called Fuel Power sold in 8-10 oz containers at truck stops. Is this the same product? There is some wild claim on the bottle that it can treat 280 gallons of fuel.

It must be a different product as the FP Terry is talking about recommends 1 oz /5 gal of fuel. So 10 oz would treat 50 gallons.

Like most fuel additives, it is a combination of hydrocarbon solvents in a light (2 cSt) oil base.

Why the cost? Ask Al.

From what I understand, Neutra works very well at keeping the fuel system clean. Add a small regular dose with each tankful of gas. I'm currently using a treatment rate of about 1oz per 3-4 gallons. I'm not sure what others use for their maintenance rates though, I just started using the stuff regularily myself.

"Thanks guys. Not to be overly cynical here, but are these products being used/recommended for their efficacy or because of site sponsorship? Not being a smarta$$…and I have no problem with candid answers or the flagrant influences and motivation of capitalism."

I have used both Neutra and Fuel Power. I do not sell either. I did do some testing on Fuel Power and found it to be a fully formulated fuel system cleaner, a fuel system lubricator, and an mpg extender.

Neutra is great for keeping fuel systems clean, combustion chambers clean, and has minor lubricating qualities.

Mike, Definitely not the same stuff as what I am using. Others on the board are using the stuff hopefully they will chime in.

I wonder it this is the stuff I see at truck stops?

Terry, Thanks. I emailed a couple weeks ago and you sent me Otis' number. I'll have to give him a ring and get some of that elixer mailed to me here in Cali-forn-ia.

Mike,

Ethanol will raise the octane a bit but the Fuel Power from the left coast is definately not the Fuel Power from Texas.
grin.gif

Odis doesn't have a computer let alone a website, but the Lube Control and Fuel Power products work really well and are very reasonably priced.

This product has been around since the 1940's but hidden away like a "100 mpg carb".

I get paid to test not sell. I torque off everyone equally based on product performance observed, period.

I'm not sure if the Fuel Power on the west coast is the same. I doubt it. Odis sells the stuff in 1/2 gallon and 1 gallon containers. Nothing smaller. He makes and ships out of Lewisville Texas. Email me for his # and ask him.

[ January 18, 2003, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

According to Fuel Power's web site, it consists of 98% ethanol, and the remaining 2% proprietary additives. I've always heard, and had some experience with, alcohol reducing mileage, not the opposite. And at the rate of 2% of 1 oz. per 5 gallons, the additives are pretty miniscule to affect power/gas mileage. I am dubious.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back