Hyundai Mantenance. Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely not follow those recommendations.
As if they're going to somehow find out you didn't change your spark plugs because your car has come in for a front end noise. Who cares.

Something else to think about. The Accent is probably the least expensive new car you can buy. I not saying that's bad, because it does allow someone with a limited budget to get a brand new vehicle. However given it's low cost I would not expect to get spark plugs that last 100,000 miles, or top of the line transmission, steering components, brakes, or suspension parts. Again I'm not saying they're junk just that they need more frequent maintenance/replacement.

Originally Posted By: azjake
Something else to think about. The Accent is probably the least expensive new car you can buy. I not saying that's bad, because it does allow someone with a limited budget to get a brand new vehicle. However given it's low cost I would not expect to get spark plugs that last 100,000 miles, or top of the line transmission, steering components, brakes, or suspension parts. Again I'm not saying they're junk just that they need more frequent maintenance/replacement.

That is very plausible, especially for the older Accents that you could get for below $10k. Hyundai had to cut some corners to bring the costs down so they may have resorted to using less expensive spark plugs, fluids and other components resulting in a more stringent maintenance schedule.

I wonder what the maintenance schedule is for the new Accent as it is no longer the cheapest sub compact.

Spector said:
Is that schedule in the owner's manual or what the dealer is recommending??? I cannot believe that is in the owner/s manual for a 2007 model year! [/quot
Yeah that's sounds like something they post in the service lane.to drum up business.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Gene K
7. Timing Belt every 48 months (Avg 18400 miles)

Of your entire list, this is the only one that might worry me into doing on time. Timing belts can deteriorate because of age, and we all know what happens with an interference engine if the timing belt gives up the ghost. Four years might be a bit short of an interval though. I do see their point.

Climate control filter every year (4600 miles in her usage) is a little much, though. Spark plugs every 9200 miles is ridiculous, for sure. What is it, a two stroke?
wink.gif

+1

I have a 2008 Accent. The gas tank filter is a charcoal thing. Like they say don't worry about it.

Anything else I would go by miles. I would put some better plugs in too and change them at 50k after getting rid of the OEMs.

I did my timing belt at 40k and the problem is usually the bearing, mine was starting to throw grease. I would not do it again for 60k.

Originally Posted By: jim302
I agree with this 100%. I'm thinking about getting a restriction gauge. All I was saying was that the suggested time / mileage interval on Hyundai's air filters isn't bad... probably too often for most, but I have seen far more ridiculous recommendations such as every year or 12,000 miles. That is really bad advice since a new air filter actually lets more dirt through than a used one.

For sure. Compare the terribly short air filter change intervals Richard Widman suffers in his neck of the woods (10000 km, 6000 miles) with Nissan to what I deal with in my Infiniti. Mine is much longer, triple if I recall correctly, though still too short if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back