Response from zMax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your friend is correct in his claim that zMAX has been sued by the FTC. If your friend had taken the time to actually read the complaint that is published in it's entirety on the Internet for all to see, he might have found that at the end of the complaint there is a note that says," The complaint is not a finding or a ruling that the defendants have actually violated the law.

The case will be decided by the court." The fact is the complaint was filed in February of 2001, next month will be two years since the date of filing and I assure you, we are still making and advertising zMAX. I have no objections to direct questions from concerned customers, we are all concerned about our cars.

The case should be concluded soon, and we at zMAX have all expectations of a positive outcome. You should not remove the protection of zMAX from your vehicle's engine/tranny, we stand behind our product.

Thanks for your objectivity.

Michael

Even listed as "enforcement" , the following is also on the same FTC page.

NOTE: The Commission authorizes the filing of a complaint when it has "reason to believe" that the law has been or is being violated, and it appears to the Commission that a proceeding is in the public interest. The complaint is not a finding or ruling that the defendants actually have violated the law. The case will be decided by the court.

zMax is still making product(although someone posted they were not)and they have not changed their ads.

Only trying to clarify the situation........

[ January 14, 2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: tenderloin ]

If they stopped making it, they must have made a lot. There is always product on the shelves of the auto parts stores and specials on Z-MAX in their flyers.
freak2.gif

I admit that I put that crap into my engine. I didn't notice anything different, other than the fact it's like water
gr_eek2.gif
Hopefully there will be no long temr consequences. I used to take flying lessons and asked the airframe and powerplant mechanic at my FBO if he used their airplane formula. He indicated that they didn't, but he nkew others that did with good results. He said the most important thing, at leats for airplane engines, was a super high quality, low ash oil of the proper viscosity and to not add things to your oil.

I tried some Zmax on my old S10, and didn't notice anything at all with the engine or fuel additive, but it did seem to make the tranny shift a little smoother with less delay. I never used it again because of the price though.

Jason

Ah, I forgot to mention that my Dad's transmission had to be rebuilt about 10,000 miles after adding Z-max transmission formula. Boy was he pissed at me for adding that crap. And it wasn't from too high of a fluid level also, *** I drained some fluid out prior to adding the Z-max. No more linkite miracle forumlas for me
cheers.gif

It was a 98 Chevy Blazer, 4.3L V-6 with about 80,000 miles, and up to that point it probably had about 3 transmission flushes and filter changes at the dealer, so it was fanatically maintained.

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
I admit that I put that crap into my engine.
He said the most important thing, at leats for airplane engines, was a super high quality, low ash oil of the proper viscosity and to not add things to your oil.

I saw an infomercial and called them, made a double order. That week saw about FTC and an assertion that the product 'appeared to be nothing more than plain oil with a dye or taint added' Called to cancel the order and they couldn't find the order. I was happy and mad at the same time.
I'm surprised with all these oil nuts in this forum that there is not months of discussion before anyone buys something so suspicious. I will have to read up more about Auto-RX, for instance. It seems to be an exception to the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back