Fuel% Water% 0
Oxidation 59
Nitration 18

TBN 2.45

ya there are 3 seperate 2.5L engines that arent anything alike

that would fit "2011 subaru 2.5L"

This would be an NA.
Correct?
Looks really good for 15K (or even 7.5K) on what was a near new engine at the beginning of the OCI.
That kind of TBN after 15K?
Look at the remaining additive levels, as well.
Why would anyone (Buster) wonder about API certs of any Amsoil product?

That's funny. I was going to ask him about posting this. I inquired about the low moly since the first few changes in a Subaru usually shows higher residual moly. More notes from TooSlick:
smile.gif

Quote:
..this was about 75% highway and 25% city driving.
This WAS the first change after the factory fill, which I ran longer than I wanted. I recall that the factory fill from my '06 outback showed several hundred ppm of silicone and significant moly. I was surprised how clean this analysis was for an almost new engine. You can see why these motors last so long...

I switched over to the Amsoil Signature Series (10w-30), for this change. I'll probably test it after 15k to get a comparison, but I don't expect a huge difference. ...

What is Amsoil hiding? Err, correction. Amsoil and API specs.
lol.gif

-Dennis

Last edited:
Is Tooslick back? I thought he got tired of playing with rockets in Huntsville and went over to the Sandbox to test missiles.

Originally Posted By: CMMeadAM
Because some folks have an axe to grind !

If you read the post, it had nothing to do with Amsoil's quality per se, but rather WHY they don't just obtain certification. And also what prevents their formulations from meeting the tests. More importantly, are they tested?! (Mostly applied to the SS line)

This oil has almost 4,000 ppm of Ca to start, far above any API licensed oil.

I've always felt the Amsoil S3k is their best overall oil and one of the best on the market for long drains.

Wow. THAT is impressive from a 'young' engine!

Tell TS we say hi..always enjoyed his posts and the info he shared!

I wasn't aware Tooslick had left BITOG. That's a shame.

Great results, though! Amazing for a new engine! What were the previous changes during the first 5,000 miles? No way it went direct from the factory fill to a 15.5K run on the S3K HD oil. Or did it...

R
Originally Posted By: Brons2
...No way it went direct from the factory fill to a 15.5K run on the S3K HD oil. Or did it...

Yep, that's what he said. He was surprised as well. Makes me think SoA isn't using the high moly Idemitsu factory fill in the Indiana plant, but what about the residual moly that usually shows up from assembly lube?
21.gif

-Dennis

Quote:
Makes me think SoA isn't using the high moly Idemitsu factory fill in the Indiana plant, but what about the residual moly that usually shows up from assembly lube?

Good question.

Originally Posted By: buster
From good ol Tooslick.
smile.gif

Vehicle miles - 21,500.
Miles on Oil - 15,000.

ZINC 1146

cSt @ 100ºC 12.0
Fuel% Water% 0
Oxidation 59
Nitration 18

TBN 2.45

Hey Buster where was this posted on BITOG ?

Is TooSlick back on board ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back