Wal mart Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, now..is this stuff the same as the other gas stations...or is the "additives" different with other brands? The gas is the cheapest in my area even lower than the no name brands. so what's the info on this? do they buy from ammoco and rebadge it like they do with their other products in the store?

Sams and Walmart use gas refined by Murphy Oil Co.
Wherever there is a problem with freight/ delivery, they contract refineries that formulate to their specs. It is a great product at an awesome price.

I always thought the gas in most high-volume company owned stations was roughly equivalant, with the exception being that I get lower mileage with ethanol mixes--something becoming more common given the problems with the alternative. Usually Wal-Mart moves a lot of gas so that would be the important thing. Watch mom and pop stations in small towns. Saint Louis is dominated by Quik-Trip, but there's no such thing as a Quik-Trip refinery-- however every Quik-Trip station is company owned and they all move a lot of product so that's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back