Synergen Oil Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used it since it came out 12 years ago,it is in every motor here including the ones with synlubes,synblends and dinos.

There are two,a very thick VI and one that is approximately a 40wt,I have never used the first one. It is the near same additive as in their formulated oils although that does not mean you can use it in any synlube and get the same performance as the synlube formulations or HD Diesel oils. great for dinos,especially short trip cars,,or can run the miles up as well.In a few more thousand miles I will see how it does with Mobil Supersyn through analysis and am running Phillips Trop Artic 5/30 dino to 7500 miles in a car now and will anaylise that one too with the Synergyn additive and a 94 cent a quart oil
smile.gif
The cost of the additive turns it into 1.25 a quart oil give or take
wink.gif

Got a particular question in mind?

[ January 07, 2003, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

I used it for some time in a 1989 3.0 V6 Aerostar (before switching to synthetic oil)and sold it at over 300,000 miles), and installed it not only in the engine, but PS. It is in my current 4.0 Aerostar in the PS unit, awd diff. and transfer case. Over 170,000 miles and all is well. Great product IMO.

BTW I now use Synergyn 0W-20 oil in my three current engines. More HP, More MPG. They run sooooo sweet on this oil..

[ January 07, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: tenderloin ]

Synergyn Oil Treatment

TYPICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Viscosity (VK) @ 40 Degrees C 348.7 ASTM D - 445
API Gravity 28.68 ASTM D - 1298
Specific Gravity .08834 ASTM D - 1298
Density Lbs/Gal 7.36 ASTM D - 1298
Flash Point, Degrees F/C 374/190 ASTM D - 92
Pour Point, Degrees F/C 0/-18 ASTM D -

IN CRANKCASES - 2 oz. Synergyn Oil Treatment per Quart of Engine Oils

IN GEAR, HYDRAULIC, TRANSMISSION AND ALL OTHER SYSTEMS - 1 oz Synergyn Oil Treatment Per Quart of System Oil

quote:

Originally posted by boxcartommie22:
thankyou for the info..would you say its the best on the market? and/or does it compare to schaffers 132 oil additive?

First post I should have said in every P/S resevoir here that do not require Mercon V or the Diamond SP III not all motors.
Those are two additives that the function cannot be compared with they are so different from each other.
12 years ago it was a great additive,modern oils and ATF fluids has pretty much killed it's usefullness around here for me,I have 3 bottles left and have no plans to buy more.

[ January 10, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

called dyson oil or synergyn today and tech. support said that their oil additive asn't changed in 5 years and it far exceeds all new oils and additives.. ireally nitice a big difference in temp.and better gas mileage these fords just really get up and go...i also use donaldson's air filters and mobile 1's oil filter and delvac1 5w-40 oils..iam very impressed with synergyn products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back