Auto-Rx question for Terry and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
With such a good deal on auto-rx availabe I am considering using it in 2 different vehicles, but I have a few questions:

1st vehicle is a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 with the 2.4 Twin Cam engine. I purchased this car a year ago with 68,000 miles, now has 84,000. I am presently using Valvoline Durablend oil and the car uses no oil between changes. Due to the great info on this board I am changing to Pennzoil with my next change. Would it be beneficial to use Auto-Rx in this car?

2nd Vehicle is a 1989 Chevrolet K1500 with a 5.0 V8. This vehicle has 115,000 miles and was purchased new by my parents. I have used nothing but Pennzoil 10W30 with 3,000 to 4,000 mile changes since new. I does have the signature Chevy smoke upon start up, but uses less than a quart of oil between changes. My question is my father drives mainly short trips...would this lower the effectiveness of an Auto-Rx treatment? The rear main seal is also beginning to weep. Thanks to all on this board for taking you time to share your knowledge. Happy New Year!

I am sorry that I don't have any input into your question but I have a Auto-RX question of my own to add to yours....Can Auto-RX be used with each oil change as a supplement to help keep the engine clean? I read the "2 ounce per quart" instructions that were printed on the MSDS so adding 8 ounces at each oil change would be a nice supplement and assure a clean engine.

This stuff is amazing...
grin.gif

I think for smaller oil capacities (4qts or less) then 2oz is the maintenance dose, but for my 5.5 quart capacity I was told 3oz.

quote:

Originally posted by FowVay:
I am sorry that I don't have any input into your question but I have a Auto-RX question of my own to add to yours....Can Auto-RX be used with each oil change as a supplement to help keep the engine clean? I read the "2 ounce per quart" instructions that were printed on the MSDS so adding 8 ounces at each oil change would be a nice supplement and assure a clean engine.

This stuff is amazing...
grin.gif

I wonder if the 2 oz per oil change recommendation has been tested out for a period of 200k miles for example and if it would have any potentially negative motor seal effects ?

The reason I ask is it is recommended to use a mineral oil after using the Auto-RX to stabilize the seals again for a reason unknown to me. Would this potentially keep the seals unstable at that treat rate time after time ?

Has this product been available long enough to test motor seals for a long period of use ? Or do they use a bench test of some type that verifies this is a safe method or application for treatment of motor oil?

OK, so it sounds like 2-3 ounces at oil change should be safe for the maintenance dose?? That will be much easier on the wallet and hopefully keep the internal parts nice and clean.

OK, here's another question that I haven't seen addressed: Will Auto-RX harm a wet clutch on a motorcycle?

FowVay ask Frank Miller to confirm but I say it will not adversely affect the wet clutch in a bike. Mettalic or composition.
We did not specifically test for that use of RX.

Sorry for ignoring you Slick, Use a bottle in each vehicle for 500 to 1000 miles BEFORE your next oil change.
Then do a oil change cycle without RX to confirm cleaning/ slowing of weepy rear main.

Note the V8 may need a second treatment/ bottle to clean completely.

I'll try to remember to post my results of running the maintnenance dosage of RX and a cheapo oil for all to see in the used oil analysis section. We really went way too far on that oil in the Toyota sludgemaker.

Not really but the stuff is heat activated. So the longer the engine is at operating temp the more cleaning going on.

Pops, Auto-Rx has been tested by Dyson Analysis out to 3000-4000 miles at full strength, no issues at all using synthetic and dino oils.

I was not hired to test the maintenance levels. I have tested it out to 7700 miles recently in my own car at a 3 oz total treat with 5 qts oil. Using a common Dino SL 10w-30 oil.

As mentioned above in my opinion 2 oz per qt as a maintenance treat is too much. That is the cleaning level.

Oil analysis results not available yet.

I see no issues with seals in any way from our experience with the product.

In addition to our Field trials the product has been tested in ASTM standardized bench tests at the GF4 and next generation HDD levels by another company. That company and others own that data and we cannot share it publically.

After seeing that data, it confirms what the oil analysis data showed in real life auto's. Auto-RX is a safe and effective cleaner.

That's why when you put in Auto-rx it's good to add it to hot oil, and drive it around for a little while at first. Then during that 500 mile period, try to do a lot more longer trips.

Even if I don't need RX, is there any negative or harmfull effects of using it? I don't want to create a problem with my engine. Is it a 100% safe product? thanks
confused.gif

[ January 03, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

I have tested the Auto-Rx product in real cars including my own. If it was a liability I sure wouldn't use it in my own cars. Including $15,000 racing engines stored in my shop. Bob got to hear one run with Auto-RX in it.

If you don't need it why would you use it?

I'm not sure if i don't need it. i've been using mobil 1/ Amsoil for the last 80K miles. I havn't inspected my engine, but i've noticed a valve tap so i thought maybe with the mileage i have on it, it could use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back