Quick Auto-RX question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I think I was wrong. After reading the posts in the oil forum about which oil is a good cleaner, it sounds like I should still use a product like Auto-rx. Question is, can I add it to Amsoil? And when I run it for 500 miles to the added oil, can I put Amsoil back in or do I have to use a Dino? Forgive me if I asked this already....I can't find the **** posts...there are so many to go through.

Frank says to run it in a dino oil for 500 miles as the standard dose. Then use dino without RX for at least 1000 miles to allow seals to ...do something
grin.gif
. Then you can go back to Amsoil.

I know you probably read the posts but here goes...

The dino is good during treatment because the esters in Auto-Rx aren't in 'competition' with the esters in a good synthetic oil for the metal surfaces.

The other advantage is since you'll dump it after 500-1000 miles you aren't wasting too much money.

Dino after is only necessary if you are trying to stop a leak.

BTW--I used Auto-Rx last summer and I'm going to try Neutra this spring. Just got confirmation of my order at $21 for the gallon jug

[ December 24, 2002, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: jjbula ]

buster
I've used 4 bottles now (And dont even ask what that costs here) and a few observations for what it's worth.
I wouldn't use it in conjunction with a syn. I did add it to Delvac 1 in our 60,000kms Outback and after the regulation 800kms clean the Sube OEM filter had really nothing to see. I may have another go with OEM filter and Pennzoil 10W30 SL but it's becoming a very expensive exercise.
IMO PureONE not a good match with Auto-RX, possibly too restrictive.
Also I feel the 800kms (500 miles) is a little conservative particularly in an engine in reasonable state of cleanliness.

Thanks. I'd most likely change the oil, put a dino in with Auto Rx, run it for 1,000 miles, change it and put Amsoil back in.

It seems like I have seen this mentioned before, but is there any brands of the dino oils that can enhance the performance of auto-rx? Different weights?

is devlac 1300 available in lighter weights than 15w40? I'd love to use that for my second treatment of RX.

--Matt

hmm, aparently not. Perhaps Rotella T 10w30 would work well.

--Matt

[ December 27, 2002, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: mkosem ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back