Lubegard Engine Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if this is a safe additive? I have a bottle and am willing to do a test on my vehicle with analysis, but wanted to make sure it isn't something that will damage the engine.

They compared it to Duralube and Slick50 so that worried me because I don't want to stick anything in the engine that contains teflon. This sounds like it's more based upon esters than anything else.

Comments?

[ January 30, 2003, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

I have used their tranny additive. Some people swear by that; it may have helped one of mine ( I put it in three) but could be perception and not fact. Engine additive,????? Don't know. My advice on all additives is if it ain't broke don't fix it. Do not believe it is teflon.One thing that bothers me about this company is that they give test results etc., and a lot of hype on the backgrounds of the chemists and scientists but do not provide the name of the lab that did the testing. Leads me to believe it is their own lab!

[ December 24, 2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Spector ]

The LubeGuard products are based upon synthetic and natural organic esters.

If you want an ester oil, try Mobil 1, Redline, Neo or some other PAO/ester mix oil.

Giles,

What one could do is run a UOA on a non-ester oil without the LubeGuard, change the oil and then run with LubeGuard using the same intervals.
I don't think you would see much of a change in wear wear metals with an ester oil.

I have used their tranny product for stuck valve problems before having the tranny rebuilt.

Since it's based upon esters, what effect would it have when added to Mobil 1?

Malakule, did it help in your tranny problem with the stuck valves?

Giles,

Since M1 already contains esters, I really don't think it would help much.

The tranny additive helped it limp along for another 5,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back