Tribotech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago, probably 15+, Tribotech had a big advertising campaign. Several local mechanics, including one that I knew and trusted, said they drove their own cars around town for 20 minutes or more with no oil in the sump after they had treated them with Tribotech, then refilled them with oil and suffered no ill effects.

It looks like Tribotech is still around, although I don't hear any advertising for it these days.

If, in fact, these people did drive their cars for 20 minutes or so, what is the story? I'm not an oil expert, but there would obviously be no hydrodynamic lubrication under these conditions.

I've never bought Tribotech, and I don't intend to, but I'm wondering what the deal is here.

Yep...still there, "Simply stated, TRIBOTECH IJP represents the future of lubrication. Not just another oil additive or engine treatment, TRIBOTECH IJP is an intermetallic junction preventative and surface metallurgy improver that counteracts friction starting at the molecular level. Moreover, TRIBOTECH IJP is specifically designed and formulated for use in all automotive engines - gasoline, diesel and alternative fuels."

For only $150...what a bargain!

Sigh...might as well call it "wallet-vac"...

My friend ran a Saturn with no oil with a brick on the gas pedal. After he return to the car in 15 minutes, still running, and very hot, he shut it off, put oil in it, and it ran like a charm.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
What mechanic would drain his oil and drive his own car??
To prove what? To test what? For what compensation?

The only answer I can come up with to that is that many mechanics that I know can take your engine apart and put it back together with no problem, but don't understand the states of lubrication.

The particular mechanic I mentioned in my original post had a radio show for a while and advertised the product. So, while I believe that he actually did it, I'm sure he was well paid for the advertising.

Quote:
TRIBOTECH IJP is an intermetallic junction preventative and surface metallurgy improver that counteracts friction starting at the molecular level.

Like most additives, overhyped and underperforming.

Yep, TriboWalletVAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back